On this page you can find some basic nuts and bolts about our tools and policies around editing, frequently asked questions, copyright, and legal polices.
AboutUs.org pages have editable sections. We assume good faith and give everyone the ability to make constructive edits to help build this website directory. We invite the public to edit pages about websites that they operate or know something about. Here at AboutUs.org we hand-review every edit made to make sure that each is constructive. We remove the few that are not. Anyone can also sign up to be notified when a page that they care about it is edited.
AboutUs has policies for types of content on our site and how pages are flagged. You can read about these on the AboutUs Policies page.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section addresses some of the most frequently asked questions regarding AboutUs guidelines:
- What is AboutUs?
- What is a wiki?
- Can I remove my address and contact information?
- How can I be notified if a page I care about is edited?
- How can I have information about my site removed?
- Can I prevent AboutUs from gathering info about my site?
- How can I get in touch with AboutUs?
We hope we've answered all of your questions about guidelines, but if you have a question not covered here please check our full list of FAQs (Concerns FAQ and Editing FAQ). Or contact us - we're always happy to help.
Non-editable content and all material in the Learn section are copyrighted by AboutUs Inc. Learn articles may be republished with prior permission - email Editor@AboutUs.org. Publishers must include attribution and a link back to the original article.
- We use Silk icons on this site, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
- We use IconDock Social Media Icons on this site, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.