edit Bebo.comhi5.com, Orkut.com etc. at present the site has around 22000000 registered members and about 5 new users register every second. According to Alexa Internet, Bebo.com is at present ranked 340th among various popular websites in English.
When a user opens an account at Bebo.com, he can use various online forms and customize his profile page as he likes. The topmost part of the page contains some general information of the user including his name, his photo and a short paragraph about him. There is also some miscellaneous information present about that user under particular headings. Initially there are default headings but a user can change these headings to describe his interests.
The profile of any user normally contains a whiteboard and a comment section. At the whiteboard, the friends of that user can draw different pictures and can use the comment box to write any message for him. Normally all the messages left by people on anyone’s profile can be viewed publicly but a user can also make his profile a private so that he can specify who all can see his profile. A profile of a person normally includes the following:
- Quizzes and polls
- Photo albums
- Blogs and messages
- Bebo TV Box
- List of all bands of which user is a member
On 11th July 2007, an addition was made to Bebo.com know as bebo bands. It is a section where various artists or bands can make a profile to showcase there music. There is an another section called “new music on bebo” where various links are present to the pages of established artists like Kyle Minogue, Coldplay, Lily Alien etc. following are the contents of a band page:
- There is a list of all the users who are member of that particular band. It is same as a list of friends on any member’s profile.
- A list of people who are fans of that band. The list is named as "list of groupies".
- A blog and all the songs which have been uploaded by that particular band so that other users can play them using the bebo player or can add to their play lists.
- The bands can group their songs into albums and all the band members have the ability to edit the band profile.
According to many people Bebo.com is not good for children because the accounts they open are accessible publicly and they face potential risk from pedophiles as they can easily access the all the information about a child from his profile. A well known newspaper in Ireland, the Sunday Tribune performed an experiment where a reporter made an account at bebo.com acting as a 13 year old girl. he was easily able to collect personal information of many other teenage girls. According to survey conducted by Bigulo.com, one among every three profiles belongs to young people below 18 years of age and are publicly viewable.
However Bebo.com has taken various measures to make the profiles safe against unauthorized access. Users have now the option to make their profiles private in order to deny access to people whom they don’t know. Norfolk County Council was the first LEA in UK that ordered all the schools within its authority to block this website at the computers present in the schools in March 2006 as according to them it was being used for insalubrious activities.
According to Irish Independent, this site is ranked as the second best site in Ireland and the 17th best in UK. According to Hitwise, Bebo.com was the fastest growing social networking site in US in the month of June 2006. The Bebo keyword was also the most representative as per the search trends on Google in the year 2006.
edit Community Reviews
edit Silly Stuff
Gee, just what the world needs -- another kiddie pic post and group stupidity site to rival Rupert Murdoch's speech stifling Myspace & Fox "news" network.
- posted by Anonymous on Jan 31, 2007, 11:46 am
edit Additional Information
edit Related Domains
edit External Links
- Alexa: Bebo.com
30 Jan. 2007
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
Bebo.com Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Warning: The title tag should not include the website’s domain name.
- Problem: The title has fewer than three words. You may not be telling people and search engines enough about this page.
- The title of this site's home page:
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Warning: This page has more than one H1 heading. It should have just one.
- H1 headings for this site's home page:
Bebo.com in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
Bebo provides an open, engaging, and fun environment that empowers a new generation to discover, connect and express themselves.
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.Bebo.com or Bebo.com. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
- Warning: Your website resides at www.Bebo.com, and Bebo.com is temporarily redirected to it. You should permanently redirect it instead, using a 301 redirect.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to Bebo.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of Bebo.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
Domains that redirect to a page within Bebo.com
Get people to a specific web page
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/PuRRPLLe-TuRrTLLe
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=6309831949
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=190575227
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/eminel7
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/altnationclubs
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/laure-venier
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/chocolatey01
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7786701172
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=395929770
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/ninjafaery
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/bigthink
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/BeboNation.jsp
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/Video.jsp
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/philmcarthur
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/garyh803
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/theblvdofficial
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/nikewomen
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/jamhay
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/ruthannemusic
- redirects to: http://bebo.com/MintMondays