Category:Cleanhead Joe McGaha
"Cleanhead" Joe McGaha (born Joseph Patrick McGaha, Jan. 9, 1966 - Madrid, Spain) is the lead singer of Southern California's premiere blues act, Bourbon Road. McGaha is known for his upbeat, high-energy performances, and for his signature shaved head and goatee.
McGaha spent the majority of his youth in the college town of Claremont, California (about an hour east of Los Angeles). Notable classmates from elementary school through high school included John Darnielle and Ben Harper. McGaha lived with his parents and brother in Madrid, Spain from the summer of 1980 to the summer of 1981, in the neighborhood of Moratalaz. After graduating Claremont High School in 1984, Joe spent a year abroad in Israel in a work/study program. Upon his return, Joe studied theater and music, first at Citrus College in Glendora, California, then at California State Polytechnic University in Pomona, California.
- 1989-1990: McGaha/Pelayo – Classic Rock
- 1990-1991: Foreign Exchange - Roots Reggae
- 1991-1992: Second Nature – Reggae/Rock/Soul
- 1993-1994: Peace Frog – Bluesy Rock
- 1995-1996: The Blue Falcons – Bluesy Rock
- 1997-1999: Bukket – Punk Rock
- 1999-present: *Bourbon Road - Blues