edit Chaos Cafe and Parlor
Welcome to one of SE Portland's newest Hot Spots! Chaos Cafe opened its doors in August of 2007 and since then has grown on the local Portland scene as one of its premier eateries. The keyword here is character: the entire premises were renovated and decorated by Chaos' talented local staff to include artwork and interior design from a variety of Portland's artists. Come for food, drink, and free wi-fi.
edit Mission Statement
Quoted from their mission statement board:
Chaos Cafe and Parlor seeks to provide a healthy and entertaining environment for people to enjoy meals, get together, study, read, listen to music or just be. In contrast to today's chaotic world, we use fresh, local and highest quality ingredients to make delicious, energizing, whole foods meals. Just as importantly, we want to create space for the arts to meet the eats, to support and hold events that help foster community and interpersonal connection. We passionately hope to inspire and be inspired.
The cafe specializes in vegetarian/vegan friendly food that tastes good and does your body right. Choose from a variety of home grown recipes including specially designed smoothies, wraps, and the beet burger (a local favorite - how the hell do they make this!?!).
- ...see the menu.
The feel here is distinctly old school- there's a vintage record jukebox that truly compliments the laid back and retro feel of the design here. Low ceilings and skylights give the place an intimate but expansive feel (you've got to love some natural light!).
8/25/08 marked the opening of the parlor with a showcase of some of Portland's local acoustic talents. The turnout was incredible (100+ over the night). Since then Chaos has been working to develop the Parlor into an all ages nightly venue and rentable performance space. See Chaos' myspace page for more information on specific acts by week.
Musicians/Artists wanted for showcase! Contact us via email or friend us at one of our different web profiles. The latter is preferable since we can easily see what kind of work you do. For musicians: use www.myspace.com/chaoscafe
Drinks: Wine by the glass and beer on tap (Hopworks Organic Pale Ale) or by the bottle (pitcher or glass) as well as a limited selection from the menu before midnight.
edit Other Services
- Free wifi
- Parlor space for rental
- Live music (in the parlor)
- Medium for a cafe - entree dishes tend to be around $6-10.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Sunday-Thursday: 9am - 4pm
- Friday-Saturday: 9am - 9pm
(All Events Are All Ages)
July in the Parlor:
- 7/1: Melissa Mazoros, Amandalynn & Friends, Autry 8pm free
- 7/2: Alpha Snail, A Beautiful Mess, Hannah's Field 8pm free
- 7/3: S. Brooks, To Get Her Together 8pm free
- 7/4: Disheveled Elephant, The Hand That Bleeds, Corpus Callosum 8pm free
- 7/5: Marmits, Doctor Moss, Childhood Friends 8pm free
- 7/6: *******Sunday!*******************************************
- 7/7: Kenton, Street Plant, Time to Escape 8pm free
- 7/8: Acoustic Devotional Dub! Sara Tone, Mike G, Sommer 8pm free
- 7/9: Product, Regiment, Black Waters 8pm free
- 7/10: Benjamin Ballanger, Sam Cooper, The Ivonrose Family Jaboree, Martyrs of the Apollo Guild 8pm free
- 7/11: Midnight Callers, Tiger House, The Neat 8pm free
- 7/12: KW Pluckett, Patterns, New Faces, New Century Schoolbook 8pm free
- 7/13: *******Sunday!*********************************************
- 7/14: The New Urban Decay, Father, Son, & The Holy Smokes 8pm free
- 7/15: Mother McKensie, Def Kids, Meyercord, Sheltered Kids *wear your pajamas* 8pm free
- 7/16: Naomi & The Courteous Rudeboys, Alpaca 8pm $8
- 7/17: Cree Rider, Thought Train 8pm free
- 7/18: Laazarus, St. Frankie Lee, Love Menu 8pm free
- 7/19: Justin Ready & The Pigeons 8pm free
- 7/20: *******Sunday!*********************************************
- 7/21: Bats in the Belfry, Old Softy 8pm free
- 7/22: The Blue Flowers, Temperature & Pressure 8pm $3
- 7/23: SECOND-TO-LAST ART SHOW! Live Art: Kenny Live Music/ CD RELEASE: Fruition 8pm free
- 7/24: Guyve, Jungle Chicken, Stealing Daisies 8pm free
- 7/25: Bonglord & Special Guests! 8pm free
- 7/26: Aporia & Special Guests 8pm free
- 7/27: *******Sunday!*********************************************
- 7/28: Cicada & The Rainy States 8pm free
- 7/29: Folk Music!!! Tree Thugger 8pm free
- 7/30: Ian Hooper, Andrew Saunderson, Evan Fairmont 8pm free
- 7/31: The Feather Walls, Where the Sidewalk Ends 8pm free
See Chaos' MySpace Page for updated schedule changes.
- E-mail Amandalynn at to book Shows and Special Events.
edit Web Presence
edit Our Pages:
- MySpace: New page, Old page
- Twitter for announcements and parlor schedules Follow ChaosCafe on
- Facebook: search for 'Chaos Cafe' or 'Chaos Parlor' and add us as a friend
- Flickr profile
- YouTube page
edit Ratings Sites:
- Find us on Yelp.com!
- The Portland Mercury: profile
- VegGuide.com: profile
- coming soon to Citysearch.com
- 2620 SE Powell Blvd.
- Portland, OR 97202
- Biking and walking encouraged
- Parking lot 1 block east (same side of street)
- On Bus lines 9 & 10
edit Additional Information
edit Community Reviews
- A subsect of the AboutUs team went to check out the food a couple weeks ago and it was excellent. All the items integrated tasty (organic?) vegetables with a variety of cheeses, sauces, and extras that made everything taste great. As much as I (ChrisBabson) haven't liked beets in the past, they integrate really effectively them into the menu as a staple item (garnish and not) - they've never tasted so good to me. My two favorite dishes now are the beet burger and the beet smoothie (together). And no - it's not a beet overload! Seriously though: this place is great. The food is excellent, and it's wonderful to just sit and talk or look around at all of the amazing artwork. The place itself seems like a work of art. And this is just the cafe. As of last week (8/25) the parlor opened its doors and I found it to be equally fantastic. Whereas the cafe is more designed to be an eatery (still has wifi though), the parlor maintains the artful design but provides a more open space for doing work and hanging out. The opening night demonstrated its potential as an acoustic (and potentially full band) venue with a great turnout and great acoustics. Overall: this place is chill. ChrisBabson
edit Related Restaurants
edit External Links
| || |
Featured Text -- Some websites' about link goes to their WikiPage. Others, like Portland's Chaos Cafe and Parlor, go one step further and redirect the domain name itself to their WikiPage! At Chaos Cafe And Parlor, not only can you enjoy their delicious menu (also a WikiPage), you can also listen to live music while enjoying a drink.
edit Influence Us
Add your constructive feedback or review for ChaosCafeAndParlor.com
edit Ray King's Comments on ChaosCafeAndParlor.com
- Ray King (delighted) : Love to relax and hear local musicians here 11:30, 14 February 2008 (PST)
edit ShelleySchoepflinSanders's Comments on ChaosCafeAndParlor.com
- ShelleySchoepflinSanders (delighted) : Love the organic vegetarian food, the atmosphere, the great tables, the friendly staff, and the commitment to socially responsible eating. Would LOVE to see some waffles on the Sunday Brunch menu! 20:32, 17 February 2008 (PST)
- TedErnst's reply : I didn't see waffles on the Sunday brunch menu today, but they did have pancakes. 00:43, 3 March 2008 (PST)
edit Brandon CS Sanders's Comments on ChaosCafeAndParlor.com
- Brandon CS Sanders (frustrated) : Was disappointed not to see waffles, pancakes or french toast on the breakfast menu. Are there any plans to add some syrupy delights in the future? 22:26, 19 February 2008 (PST)
- Brandon CS Sanders (delighted) : We went to Chaos for the first time on valentines day and decided that we needed to become regulars. We went again on Saturday and are making plans for future visits!. . The food seems really healthy and definitely tastes delicious. I didn't know that kale could taste soooo good :-) Also, the art on the walls on tables of the cafe feels very energizing to me. Can you say dopamine?. . We're looking forward to catching some of the storytelling and sing-a-long events in the parlor that seem to be scheduled mostly for Sundays at 3pm. . Congratulations to the entire team at Chaos for creating such a great space. 22:22, 19 February 2008 (PST)
edit TedErnst's Comments on ChaosCafeAndParlor.com
- TedErnst (delighted) : Brunch today was fantastic. And when the server apologized for the wait before we got our water, I felt more emotion from a server in any restaurant I've ever been in. Thanks for caring so much! 00:44, 3 March 2008 (PST)
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
ChaosCafeAndParlor.com Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Good: The title tag is a good length.
- Warning: The title uses the same text as the H1 heading on this page. They should be different.
- The title of this site's home page:
- “Chaos Cafe And Parlor”
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Good: This page has one H1 heading.
- H1 heading for this site's home page:
- “Chaos Cafe And Parlor”
ChaosCafeAndParlor.com in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.ChaosCafeAndParlor.com or ChaosCafeAndParlor.com. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
- Good: Your website resides at www.ChaosCafeAndParlor.com, and ChaosCafeAndParlor.com is permanently redirected to it.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||0|
|value for Dmoz||0|
|value for Google Groups||1|
|value for Yahoo Answers||0|
Below we show domains that redirect to ChaosCafeAndParlor.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of ChaosCafeAndParlor.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
We have not found any domains that redirect to the home page of ChaosCafeAndParlor.com.
Domains that redirect to a page within ChaosCafeAndParlor.com
Get people to a specific web page
We have not found any domains that redirect to pages within ChaosCafeAndParlor.com.