As a community we can use this space to deal with unofficial copyright complaints.
edit 18-Jun-2007 - WideWorldOfHunting.com verses DeerDope.com
DeerDope is a copyrighted and registered trademark of A Wide World of Hunting and a formal complaint has been filed against Deerdope.com in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws.
- I searched the U.S. trademark site and fount no Trademark filing for "DeerDope", please upload your papers from the U.S. Trademark Office. --Simon | talk 20:45, 7 July 2007 (PDT)
In response to the note referencing copyright and trademark of Deerdope:
-If you do your homework on digital internet registration, you will find you do not have to make a formal registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office until which time as a dispute of infringement is contested. It states Quote: http://www.uspto.gov/
1.Is registration of my mark required? No. You can establish rights in a mark based on legitimate use of the mark.
2.When can I use the trademark symbols TM, SM and ®? Any time you claim rights in a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) designation to alert the public to your claim, regardless of whether you have filed an application with the USPTO.
3.Copyright and trademark rights can be established from the date of first usage. If anyone uses your trademark to the detriment of your business or for their own gain, you may be able to recover damages.
- Deerdope was established:
-1997 as the keyword for http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/meadows/4951/
-1998 as the web site http://www.geocities.com/deerdope/
-1999 to present- As the Keyword:Deerdope for the new web site http://WideWorldofHunting.com
We have tried to avoid a formal lawsuit by just requesting the discontinued use of our trademark. However, we will file a formal lawsuit if needed. At that time, damages, as well as, all past sales of your product using our name will become an issue. We hope you give this serious consideration.
- You are correct; but, you must first establish rights based on legitimate use of the mark, having the word as a keyword does now qualify as legitimate use of the mark. The fact that you talked about the DMCA (nothing to do with Trademarks) and talked about a "formal Lawsuit" even though since you have no registered trademark you cant sue; shows you don't understand the legal proceedings.--Simon | talk 18:48, 12 July 2007 (PDT)
edit 29-Apr-2007 - Vibra-Train.com and TheSlimCenter.com
- Plagiarized content on TheSlimCenter.com website and AboutUs page (the whole page copied directly from Vibra-Train.com website) has been removed so this issue has been resolved. A serious warning was issued though and we hope others will note that copying other companies websites, even from another country, just isn't on! --Di 18:34, 5 July 2007 (PDT)
edit 03-Feb-2007 - VisaHq.com/Russia-Visa.com filed an un-official complaint about RussianVisaGuide.com
- Need to contact VisaHq.com/Russia-Visa.com with Infringement Notices
edit 20-Feb-2007 - Beauty-And-The-Bath.com and HairStyleBlog.net
from the ConcernsPage
edit Stolen Content
Hello , It has been brought to my attention that you are listing a site that contains a great deal of stolen text content from my site: Beauty-And-The-Bath.com
You are featuring a site doing business as HairStyleBlog.net For just one example, I will ask you to view this sites page at:  and then my original content at: 
As we have just started to examine this site, I have found over twenty of my articles a vast amount of hairstyle pictures stolen and used. From what we have seen, the entire contents of this site has been stolen and the various site owners are being contacted.
I will ask you to remove this site and it's posts from your site, I do not wish to have to serve a Cease/Order
Thank you for your assistance,
- Beauty And The Bath.com
edit 27-Jan-2007 - LawyersAndSettlements.com filed an un-official complaint about BusinessLawDot.com
- Need to contact LawyersAndSettlements.com with Infringement Notices
edit 06-Jan-2007 - AbcMalaysia.com filed an un-official complaint about Go2TravelMalaysia.com
- Need to contact AbcMalaysia.com with Infringement Notices
edit Mid-Nov-2006 - AAALimos.org filed an un-official complaint about AAALimos.com
- Need to contact AAALimos.org with Infringement Notices