Entertainment Today - Business, Movie, Music, Industry and Technology News Since 1967
Excerpted from the website description:
- It seems I’ve done a lot of backtracking in print this year, having to admit how surprised I have been to actually enjoy an evening of musical comedy I’d expected to be as painful as undergoing a colostomy without anesthetic. Does this mean I’m getting older or that musical theatre is finally coming out of its sappy stage and proving it can be as entertaining and cutting-edge as any other theatrical presentation—at least the ones that thankfully avoid any talk of real good clambakes and corn as high as an elephant’s eye?, What is a fan to do? U2 has been angling to release their new album before the end of the year, delighting fans and retailers eager for a blockbuster. The band has been working with über producers Daniel Lanois, Steve Lillywhite and Brian Eno, and word has carefully trickled out that the sonic explorations were bearing wonderful fruit., Your buddy Mike listened to his first Jonas Brothers album last week – after seeing their knee-deep-in-puberty mugs on the cover of Rolling Stone, I just had to know whether these tweeny-boppers were a Hannah Montana flavor-of-the-month or a legitimate powerhouse., In the no-so-distant future, a worldwide epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GENECO, a biotech company that offers organ transplants...for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by the Repo Man., Season two of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, has made the folks at Fox TV very happy, dominating the adults 18-49 key demos. Despite the criticism from the fans of the blockbuster Terminator movie franchise, they tuned in to see the action-adventure drama about Sarah Connor and her son John, who is the earth’s future savior., Sitting under the hot lights, getting my cheek stitched up and in a rare type of novacained/wooden faced pain, I remember thinking, “Why did James have to have their concert this week, man?” After the doctors told me the mole was nothing to worry about, not to take a shower for two days, not to drink any beer for two days (!), and not to do any strenuous activity (sigh) for at least two weeks, I couldn’t even fathom heading to the El Rey two nights later to see the fabulous Manchester band on their reunion tour, and first tour of the U.S. since 1995., Canter's was voted #l for Pastrami by the L.A. Times, so when my friend said he wanted a big thick pastrami sandwich with lots of pickles, that's where we went. For those readers that can remember as far back as when Canters was on Brooklyn Ave in Boyle Heights, (1931) you will probably chokeup with nostalgia thinking about the two hot dogs for a nickel; one in a bun and the other in your hand, Kay'n Dave's is a Mexican Cantina that will have you thinking you are in Mexico. They put a whole "lotta" pride in the pot, and will tell you that everything is "lardless regardless," and there isn't any transfat. The sauces are vegetarian friendly and they only use skinless white meat chicken. In addition, all the soups, salsas and sauces are made fresh daily, and the beans are prepared without oil. All these things are important to many folks that eat out., This rollicking musical will move to Broadway in the spring, and it is easy to see why. Dolly Parton has leveraged her role in the original film and more importantly her prodigious songwriting talent to craft a sassy and occasionally bawdy production. With the superb direction of Joe Mantello and the sterling performances of the four leads, the result is satisfying for nearly everyone., The attraction of returning to college years later is offset with the reality of exams, early and/or boring classes. The folks at One Day University have expanded their success on the east coast in addressing those issues by assembling a faculty for their first series of west coast curricula., “As you can see, girls,” Frank Zappa’s robotic creation The Central Scrutinizer warns the stageful of giggly groupiebimbos in the world premiere of the master’s rock opera Joe’s Garage at the Open Fist, “music, drugs, diseases: they all go together.”, It’s always scary for any critic when a friend writes a play, let alone writes three plays that all end up being produced in one season. Such is the case with actor-playwright Nick Salamone, who in 2008 first saw his outrageous political satire Hillary Agonistes win director Jon Lawrence Rivera Best Director honors at the New York Fringe Festival before its run here at studio/stage., All good things must end, they say, and after more than 2,100 continuously sold-out performances played to over two million Las Vegas guests, in January the enduring musical phenomenon Mamma Mia! will end its record-breaking six-year engagement at Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino. It has been a groundbreaking run, setting the precedent for later and current musical theatre non-Cirque du Soleil attractions now energizing the Strip as no other full-length Broadway show had ever managed to accomplish before it., Jersey Boys, the story of the rise and fall and rise and fall and rise and fall of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, opened on Broadway to rave reviews in 2005. Honored with four 2006 Tonys, including Best Musical, it still continues to set weekly box office records as one of the top-grossing shows on the Great White Way. The production received many similar kudos during its quickly sold-out run here last season at the Ahmanson, including coming in fourth in the sweepstakes for El Lay’s Ten Best Musicals of 2007 in my annual TicketHolder Awards., The Bard of Belfast recently announced that he would be revisiting his 1968 album Astral Weeks at the Hollywood Bowl on November 6 and 7. He plans to bring a couple of the original musicians from the alum, and record the concert for release (digitally before the end of the year and on CD in January)., David Byrne has reconnected with fellow traveler Brian Eno to record a fine new album called Everything That Happens Will Happen Today. The album is available for free streaming now and will be available in several fixed format configurations soon. Leave it to Byrne and Eno to take another twist at the cycle of album releases. This is their first collaboration in three decades, and the results are sublime., These are crazy times we’re living in. So Las Vegas wants visitors to have some crazy fun. And there are shows and bargains that can make that happen. Think of spectacular entertainment-- music, dance, magic, et al, and you should immediately think of Las Vegas, the Entertainment Capital of the world., Universal Studios Hollywood kicked off its “Halloween Horror Nights,” the yearly fright fest at the studio tour center, with the sixth annual Eyegore Awards. The best in the field of the horror genre were honored at a special “scaremony” held at the park’s Globe Theater. The awards are given to stars and filmmakers who unleash their creative spirits and give audiences something to scream about., Minus the Bear are hitting the road, and in the vein of Coalesce, Henry Rollins, and Defacto, have made a tour-only EP available. Beginning October 7th, ACOUSTICS will be sold digitally via online outlets such as iTunes, Amazon and Emusic. Physical copies of the EP will be sold exclusively on the bands headlining tour beginning in Spokane, WA on October 8th., “Peculiar” or “avant-garde” do not seem to sum up the curious fixations that make up the screenwriting of Charlie Kaufman. Beginning with Being John Malcovich, filmgoers have come to expect no one else to come close to what he does, whether you call it “alternate reality comedic self-loathing” or “existential absurdist ennui” or anything else., Blue on Blue, with the fabulous executive chef Scott Garrett is one of the most charming places to dine. It's in the Avalon Hotel where the service is marvelously attentive by young handsome men and beautiful women. You may dine in a large Cabana whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner when it's, decked out with loads of candles, a personal heater, and a spectacular marble table.
edit Additional Information
edit Related Domains
edit External Links
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
EntertainmentToday.net Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Warning: The title tag for this page is too long. It should be 70 characters or less, including spaces.
- The title of this site's home page:
- “Home - Entertainment Today - Business, Movie, Music, Industry and Technology News Since 1967”
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Problem: This web page does not have an H1 heading. It should have one.
EntertainmentToday.net in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
Entertainment news from Los Angeles
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.EntertainmentToday.net or EntertainmentToday.net. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
We don't have this information for this site. Please refresh the report for more information.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to EntertainmentToday.net.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of EntertainmentToday.net
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
Domains that redirect to a page within EntertainmentToday.net
Get people to a specific web page
We have not found any domains that redirect to pages within EntertainmentToday.net.