Ford.com Ford - Major US auto manufacturer based in Detroit, Michigan
Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) is a worldwide leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of vehicles and parts. Started by Henry Ford in the early 1903, still today family members own approximately 40% of the company’s voting stock.
Based in Dearborn, Michigan, Ford Motor Company manufactures and distributes vehicles on six continents, encompassing approximately 200 markets. Ford Motor Company employs about 300,000 workers in 108 plants located throughout the world.
Ford Motor Company is credited with one of the most significant technological advances that impacted the automotive industry. In 1913, Ford Motor Company launched the first assembly line for automotive manufacturing, technology that is still used today by automotive manufacturers around the world..
Ford Motor Company’s current product line includes eight brands of vehicles: Aston Martin Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury and Volvo.
Ford Motor Company also provides a variety of after-the-sale vehicle services and products, including vehicle maintenance, repair, collision damage restoration, aftermarket accessories, and extended warranties.
Ford Motor Company’s vehicles are marketed through independently owned retail dealerships in North America. Outside of North America, the company’s products are sold through a network of distributors and dealers outside of North America.
Additionally, Ford Motor Company sells vehicles to a variety of fleet customers that include rental car rental companies, commercial fleet customers, leasing companies, and government customers.
Alternative Energy Vehicles
Ford Motor Company offers a variety of alternative energy vehicles. Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner vehicles are available in hybrid models.
A number of Ford Motor Company’s vehicles are available as Flexible Fuel Vehicles (FFV). FFV’s can be operated with both regular gasoline and E85, which is a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline.
FFVs can be ordered through any North American Ford dealership. Models available as FFVs include Taurus, Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Town Car, and some F-Series trucks. Ford Motor Credit Company
Ford Motor Credit Company offers a wide variety of automotive financing products to and through automotive dealers around the world. Ford Motor Credit Company’s financing services include retail and wholesale financing, and a variety of dealer financing programs. For example, Ford Motor Credit Company makes loans to dealers provide working capital, dealership facility improvements, and purchasing and refinancing of dealership real estate.
- William Clay Ford, Jr.
- Executive Chairman
- Alan Mulally
- President and Chief Executive Officer
- Lewis W. K. Booth
- Executive Vice President
- Ford of Europe and Premier Automotive Group (Chairman, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo and Ford of Europe)
- Mark Fields
- Executive Vice President and President
- The Americas
- Donat R. Leclair
- Executive Vice President and
- Chief Financial Officer
Board of Directors
- William Clay Ford, Director Emeritus
- Sir John R. H. Bond, Finance Committee
- Stephen G. Butler, Audit, Nominating and Governance Committees
- Kimberly A. Casiano, Audit, Environmental and Public Policy, Nominating and Governance Committees
- Edsel B. Ford II, Environmental and Public Policy, Finance Committees
- William Clay Ford, Jr., Environmental and Public Policy, Finance Committees
- Irvine O. Hockaday, Jr., Audit, Nominating and Governance Committee
- Richard A. Manoogian, Compensation, Nominating and Governance Committees
- Ellen R. Marram, Compensation, Environmental and Public Policy, Nominating and Governance Committees
- Alan Mulally, Finance Committee
- Homer A. Neal, Finance Committee
- Jorma Ollila, Audit, Nominating and Governance Committees
- John L. Thornton, Compensation, Finance, Nominating and Governance Committees
- 20600 Rotunda Dr
- Dearborn MI 48121 US