HomeDepot.com Provides solutions and equipment for every part of the home.
The Home Depot
Home Depot is the world’s largest retailer of home improvement specialties and construction products stretching across the fifty states of the U.S., the district of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, 10 Canadian Provinces, Mexico and China. Home Depot has employed more than 355,000 people and operates 2,164 big-box format stores. Home Depot is the second largest retailer of home improvement in the U.S. and the third largest retailer on the globe. Home Depot offers more than 40,000 products in an approximately 105,000 square feet area and today it has turned one of the largest warehouse stores providing complete solutions from flooring to ceiling with a wide assortment of collections at the lowest prices. Home Depot is also one among the diversified wholesale distributors in the U.S. with over 1,000 locations throughout U.S. and Canada providing services and products for building, maintaining and improving homes, business spots and municipal infrastructures.
Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank in Atlanta founded home Depot in the year 1978. The first Home Depot stores opened in the year 1979 in Atlanta, Georgia, which revolutionized the home improvement industry with 25,000 products. The company underwent a tremendous growth with the sales accelerated by $1 billion annually by the year 1986. During the initial growth phase, the company expanded in the areas of Georgia, Louisiana, Florida, Alabama and Texas within first five years of its establishment. Eventually, the company included EXPO Design Center and The Home Depot Supply with 2,147 stores throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and China.
Business Profile, Products & Services
The Home Improvement products of Home Depot range from home appliances, tools, garden supplies and hardware, and plants. Home Depot’s stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is also included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index. The net annual sale of Home Depot is around 90.8 billion yielding a net earning of $5.8 billion. The net earning per diluted share is around $2.8. Home Depot operates 1,872 stores in U.S., 155 stores in Canada, 61 stores in Mexico, and 12 stores in China. Apart from this, Home Depot operates 34 EXPO design centers and 11 landscape supply centers across the United States. The company has approximately 364,000 associates. According to Fortune500 list, Home Depot stands No.17 in the U.S. listing and No.43 on the global listing. At Home Depot’s Kids Workshops, more than 17 million projects were completed since 1997. More than 22 million people visit Home Depot in a typical week.
Honors and Recognitions
- For two consecutive years, Home Depot won the Energy Star Partner of the Year Award for leading efforts in bringing down greenhouse gas emissions by marketing and promoting energy-efficient solutions in every segment of its business.
- Home Depot secured 2007 Crystal Award for minority business development from the Minority Supplier Development Council.
- The Natural Marketing Institute has ranked Home Depot as No.5 (2007) among the most environmentally and socially responsible companies.
- Fast Company 50 has ranked Home Depot No.25 for forest friendly construction in the year 2007.
S&P 500 list of largest employer of the companies: HD ranked No. 8.
- Forbes 500 U.S. list: HD ranked No. 17.
- Forbes 2000 Largest Companies list: HD ranked No. 79.
- Business Week 50 list: HD ranked No.50.
Home Depot has 364,000 associates around the globe. The business network of Home Depot Extensively covers U.S., Canada, Mexico, and China.
The official site of Home Depot is http://www.homedepot.com. This site gives a fair deal of general information about the company’s services and products. The site also displays a number of links to its other sites and affiliates. The sites listed below can together provide comprehensive information about the company, including Home Depot Carpet and more
- 2455 Paces Ferry Road,
- Atlanta, GA 30339
- Homer TLC, Inc., Steven Levy
- (770) 433-8211
- Home Depot Carpet
- Home Depot Light Bulbs
- Home Depot LED Lights
- Home Depot Video Surveillance
- Home Depot Fire Safety
- Home Depot Solar Panels
- Home Depot Air Conditioner Repair
- Home Depot Central Air Conditioning
- Home Depot Water Heater Repair
- Home Depot Instant Water Heater
- Home Depot Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
- Bathroom Décor from the Home Decorators Collection
- TV Stands from the Home Decorators Collection
- Ottomans from the Home Decorators Collection
- Coffee Tables from the Home Decorators Collection
- Bookcases from the Home Decorators Collection
- TV Stands from the Home Decorator's Collection
- Area Rugs from the Home Decorator's Collection
- Wall Shelf from the Home Decorator's Collection
- Tool Rental Services from the Home Depot
- Moving Services from the Home Depot
- Trunk Rentals from the Home Depot Tool Rental
- Carpet Cleaner Rentals from the Home Depot Tool Rental
- Trencher Rentals from the Home Depot Tool Rental
- Home Depot Chainsaws
- Home Depot Lawnmowers
- Home Depot Wood Chippers
- Home Depot Log Splitters
- Home Depot Riding Lawn Mowers