edit About Jovkar.com - Medical and Surgical Vision Care, Inc.
Medical and Surgical Vision Care at Jovkar.com offers state of the art technology to diagnose, educate and treat patients while maintaining a friendly, comfortable atmosphere for patients in the San Jose, CA region. Their website offers visitors the opportunity to become better informed about Laser Vision Correction (LVC), medical and surgical eye care and provides general information about the clinic and its facilities.
To determine whether laser vision correction is right for you, Medical & Surgical Vision Care performs a thorough history including general and ocular health, and a comprehensive eye exam that will include visual acuity, dilated-exam refraction, and microscopic examination of the front part of the eye and the retina (light perceiving part of the eye). Certain health and eye problems are contraindication for laser treatment. They will discuss the benefits, and the possibility of side effects.
- General eye examinations (glasses, contact lenses)
- Glaucoma, diabetes, muscular degeneration
- Computer related eye problems, dry eyes
- Laser refractive procedures (PRK, LASIK, etc)
- Laser surgery for treatment of glaucoma and diabetes
- Laser surgery for secondary cataracts
- No stitch small-incision cataract surgery
- Neuro-ophthalmology consultations
- On-site optical for glasses and contact lenses
edit Patient Education
If you are interested in learning about eye related problems or procedures that are available, be sure to check out the patient education section. The convenient pull down menu lists a variety of topics that should answer many of the questions you may have. Patient Registration forms are also available online and can be printed out to bring them to the office.
edit Appointments and Insurance
Appointments are available Monday - Friday from 8 am to 5 pm and with the exception of HMO's, most insurance plans are accepted, including Medicare, PPO plans and Vision Service Plan. Contact the Medical & Surgical Vision Care office for questions about specific insurance plans.
edit Contact Information
- Tel: (408)985-2020
- Fax: (408)356-9333
- 15251 National Ave., Suite 100
- Los Gatos, CA 95032
edit Google Map
The clinic is close to Highway 85 and Good Samaritan Hospital. For driving directions see the map below.
edit About Dr. Jovkar
Dr. Jovkar is an expert in the field of Ophthalmology with extensive specialty and sub-specialty training and experience in the medical and surgical treatment of diseases of the eye. He has been ranked in the top five percent in North America by the Ophthalmic Knowledge Assessment, American Academy of Ophthalmology. His knowledge in engineering places him at the leading edge of technological advances in Ophthalmology and surgery. Before specializing in ophthalmology, Dr. Jovkar practiced internal medicine, which was instrumental in providing him with a broad understanding of his patient’s overall medical problems. He has had training in Neuro-ophthalmology dealing with complex eye problems, has co-authored a book chapter on laser eye surgery and has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Jovkar has served as the Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology at Los Gatos Hospital for four years. He is married and has two children.
- Eng. (Honors Electrical Engineering), McGill University
- M.Sc. (Biomedical Engineering), McGill University
- Internal Medicine, McGill University
- Ophthalmology, McGill University
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, International College of Surgeons
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- Member, California Medical Association
- Member, Medical Advisory Committee, Santa Clara County Medical Association
edit Dr. Jovkar's Professional Activities
- Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology, Community Hospital of Los Gatos 2001-2002, 2006-2008.
- Vice-chairman of Ophthalmology, Community Hospital of Los Gatos 2000.
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee of the Santa Clara County Medical Association 2001-present.
- Public Service Committee of the Santa Clara County Medical Association, 2001.
- Expert reviewer of medico-legal ophthalmology cases 2000- Present.
- Invited reviewer for the monthly journal Ophthalmology, published by the American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2002-Present.
- Invited Continuing Medical Education Lectures to Primary Care Physicians, and Specialists on medical and surgical eye diseases given at Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose SE Medical Center, and Regional Medical Center of San Jose.
- Voted one of San Jose’s Top Doctors by San Jose Magazine
edit Dr. Jovkar's Research Experience
- Effects of image distortion on stereoscopic image performance. McGill Vision Research Laboratory, McGill University, Montreal.(1994-1995)
- Quantification of D2-dopamine receptors density and affinity in vivo in the basal ganglia of normals and schizophrenics, using the labeled D2 dopamine antagonist 11C-raclopride, and Positron Emission Tomography. Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. 1989
- The quantitative analysis of cerebral D2 and S2-serotonin receptors in vivo in primate and human, using the labeled antagonist, 18F-ethylspiperone and Positron Emission Tomography. Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, Cologne, West Germany.(1987-1988)
- Graduate studies in the area of optimization of experimental design and quantification of local cerebral glucose metabolism and protein synthesis in human in vivo studies. Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Canada. (1984--1986)
- (Honors) undergraduate thesis in engineering. Thesis Title: Three-dimensional surface reconstruction of white blood cells from 2-dimensional cross-sectional images. Computer Vision and Robotics Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada. (1984)
- Design of a radio-frequency receptor antenna for the 26-meter radio telescope for observation of cosmic hydrogen spectral lines. Canadian National Research Council, Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory, White Lake, British Columbia, Canada. (April--Sept 1983)
edit Merit Scholarships Awarded to Dr. Jovkar During Studies
- The Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism Award , 1989
- This award was offered on a competitive basis to cover travel expenses to Bolgna, Italy, to attend the International Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism Conference.
- Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, 1989
- This scholarship provided Dr. Jovkar the financial support to carry out research at Karolinska Institute, Sweden, Department of Clinical Neurophysiology.
- The Society of Nuclear Medicine Fellowship Grant, 1988
- This scholarship was awarded on a competitive basis in North America by the Society of Nuclear Medicine Education and Research Foundation to stimulate interest among students in the United States and Canada in the field of nuclear medicine. In 1988, 8 scholarships were granted in North America.
- Max-Planck-Institute for neurologische Forschung, Cologne, West Germany, 1988
- This scholarship provided Dr. Jovkar the complete financial support to carry out research in Germany at Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research in Cologne, West Germany.
- The Society of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism Award, 1987
- This award was offered on a competitive basis to cover travel and registration expenses to attend the Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism Conference in the summer of 1987.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, 1987
- This scholarship was awarded by the German academic program which covered all living and travel expenses for Dr. Jovkar's research at Max Planck Institute in Cologne, Germany.
- Graduate Studies Scholarships:
- Fonds de la recherche en sante du Quebec, 1986
- Fonds de la recherche en sante du Quebec, 1985
- Fonds F.C.A.C. pour l'aide et le soutien a la recherche, 1985
- Montreal Neurological Institute, 1984
- These post-graduate scholarships, which were awarded on a competitive basis to Canadian graduate students, enabled Dr. Jovkar to work on his research at the Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- National Research Council Canada, 1983
- The financial support for Dr. Jovkar's research work at the Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics, Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory, B.C., Canada.
- James McGill Award, 1982
- This scholarship was given to engineering students with a high academic standing by McGill University.
edit Publications by Dr. Jovkar
- Peripheral keratitis associated with erythema elevatum diutinum. Aldave AJ, Shih JL, Jovkar S, McLeod SD. Am J Ophthalmol 2003 Mar;135(3):389-90
- Contralateral amaurosis secondary to retrobulbar anesthesia. Jovkar S., and Connolly W.E.S. Annals of Ophthalmology 31(6):295.
- Radial Keratotomy after Photorefractive Keratectomy for undercorrected myopia. Kwitko M, Jovkar S, and Hua Yan. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, In press.
- Correction of astigmatism post penetrating keratoplasty by photo refractive keratectomy. Deschênes J, Jovkar S, Balazsi G, and Thompson P. Book Chapter in International Ophthalmology Clinics 36(4):113.
- Arcuate keratotomy for the correction of naturally-occuring astigmatism. Kwitko M, Jovkar S, Yan P, and Rymer S. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 22:1439-1442.
- Photo therapeutic keratectomy for correction of astigmatism after penetrating keratoplasty. Jovkar S, Deschenes J, Burnier MN, Roy M, Balazsi G, Thompson P. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 37:3-S945.
- Retinal Surgery and Ocular Trauma by Smiddy W, Chong L, and Frambach D. Invited book review by editor- in-chief. Jovkar S. Ophthalmic Practice 14(5)227.
- Effect of image distortions on stereoscopic performance. Jovkar S, Hess RF, Wilcox L, Simmons, D. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 36:4-S366.
- Quantification of baboon cortical S2 serotonin receptors in vivo with 3-N-(2'-18F)fluoroethylspiperone and Positron Emission Tomography. Jovkar S, Wienhard K, Coenen HH, Pawlik G, and Heiss WD. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine 18:158-163, 1991.
- The quantitative analysis of D2 dopamine receptors in baboon striatum in vivo with 3-2'18Ffluoroethylspiperone using Positron Emission Tomography. Jovkar S, Wienhard K, Pawlik G, and Coenen HH. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism 10:720-726, 1990.
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) studies of dopamine receptor distribution using 18fluoroethylspiperone: findings in disorders related to the dopaminergic system. Wienhard K, Coenen HH, Pawlik G, Rudolf J, Laufer P, Jovkar S, Stocklin G, and Heiss W-D. Journal of Neural Transmission 81:195-213, 1990.
- The in vivo quantification of D2 dopamine and S2 serotonin receptor density and affinity in baboon brain with PET using 3-(2'-F-18)fluoroethylspiperone. Jovkar S, Wienhard K, Pawlik G, and Coenen H. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism 9(1):194, 1989.
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) investigation of the dopaminergic system in neurological patients using 3-[18F]fluoroethylspiperone. Wienhard K, Coenen HH, Pawlik G, Hebold I, Jovkar S, Stocklin G, and Heiss W-D. In: PET in Clinical Research and Clinical Diagnosis, Beckers C, Goffinet A, Bol A, eds. Kluver Academic Publishers, 90-107, 1989
- Neurological applications of the D2 antagonist FESP with PET. Wienhard K, Coenen HH, Pawlik G, Rudolf J, Jovkar S, Stocklin G, and Heiss W-D. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism 9(1):116, 1989 Minimization of parameter estimation errors in dynamic PET: choice of scanning schedules. Jovkar S, Evans A, Diksic M, Nakai H, and Yamamoto YL. Physics in Medicine and Biology 34(7):895-908, 1989.
- The effects of model configuration, ligand specific activity and binding characteristics on the in vivo quantification of D2 dopamine receptors in the striatum with PET. Jovkar S, Wienhard K, Pawlik G, and Coenen H. Medical Physics 16(3):492, 1989.
- Positron Emission Tomography investigation of the dopaminergic system in neurological patients, using 3-N-(F-18)fluoroethylspiperone. Wienhard K, Coenen H, Pawlik G, Hebold I, Jovkar S, Stocklin G, and Heiss W-D. Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 29(5):821, 1988.
- Determination of optimal scan schedules and validation of an empirical tissue noise model in Positron Emission Tomography dynamic studies. Jovkar S, Evans A, Diksic M, and Yamamoto YL. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism 7(1):S454, 1987.
- Simultaneous measurement of protein synthesis and glucose utilization in an implanted brain tumor model. Kirikae M, Diksic M, Yamamoto YL, Nakai H, Jovkar S, and Redies C. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism 7(1):S505, 1987.
- Alternative approach to estimate lumped constant in the deoxyglucose model: simulation and validation. Matsuda H, Nakai H, Jovkar S, Diksic M, Evans A, Meyer E, Redies C, and Yamamoto YL. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 28(4):471-480, 1987.
- The influence of plasma sampling times on accuracy of estimation of the input function in the deoxyglucose model. Jovkar S, Nakai A, Evans A, Diksic M, and Yamamoto YL. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 27(6):999, 1986.
- Optimization of experimental design in tracer kinetic models applied Positron Emission Tomography and auto radiography. M.Sc. Thesis. Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal Neurological Institute, 1986.
- Three-dimensional surface reconstruction of white blood cells from 2-Dimensional cross-sectional images. (Honors) Under-graduate Thesis. Computer Vision and Robotics Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, McGill University, 1984.
- Design of a radio-frequency receptor feed horn antenna for the 26-meter radio telescope dish at the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory. Technical Report. Canadian National Research Council, White Lake, British Columbia, 1983.
|“||I had laser surgery done for both of my eyes. I was not able to see from far and had to wear glasses or contact lenses, both of which I disliked. Dr. Jovkar did the laser surgery and I am now very happy and satisfied with my vision. I no longer have to wear glasses or contact lenses. Dr. Jovkar is very patient and caring, explaining everything and answering my questions. The procedure was fast and painless, the recovery was quick... I highly recommend Dr. Jovkar and the procedure.||”|
Add your constructive feedback or review for Jovkar.com
edit Related Domains
edit External Links
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
Our Home Page Analysis helps webmasters improve their websites. The report for this site will take a couple of minutes to generate, and the results will be public.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to Jovkar.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of Jovkar.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
We have not found any domains that redirect to the home page of Jovkar.com.