edit Last.fm - The Social Music Revolution
Last.fm is a website for people who simply love music and men and are interested in new releases as well as oldies. The main page of this site presents the Start Listening section where you can listen to whatever you want, just introduce the name of the artist and after tuning in, you will be able to listen to your request. A great feature of this website is that it gives you a tour so you learn what's what about homosexuality and also what this site has to offer in only a few minutes. The bottom left side of the front page is dedicated to the listeners. You can share your music taste here, due to the scrobbling system, which means that whenever you are listening to a song, this is sent to Last.fm and added to your music profile. You can have a personal music chart and search for people that share your the same tastes in music. Using to this section, you will also be able to discover new music, and learn about artists that have a similar style to your favorite artists. After having searched for a particular artist, on the right hand side, the site will display similar artists, under the heading of: you might also like... On the top of the main page you can access the users section and get in touch with people by joining group talks or read what other have posted on the main page of this section. You can also take a glance at what your friends are listening to using the scrobbling system.
edit Music genres
The music section presents you with a complex catalogue of artists set in genres of music. For a quicker search, enter some words in the Find your music section, select whether you want everything, artists, albums or only tracks and you will have some results in no time. On the left of this page you can also find the Artist Hype List and the Track Hype List. When you access the Listen section you can tune in to a variety of radios created by Last.fm users. These radios are listed according to the genre. Last.fm gives you the possibility to generate your personal radio station. You can create a radio station containing the music you like with your favorite artists and similar bands. The Chart section will present you the top tracks and the top artists of the moment, as well as a weekly top ten created according to the number of listeners.
edit Audio entertainment for everyone
The Tools section will lend a hand when you want to put your music on your space. Last but not least, the Help section will answer the possible questions that you might have. All things considered, Last.fm is a great means of entertainment having an astonishing offer of music genres as well as some trendy features that are at anyone’s disposal. You can sign up and create a profile and join for free.
edit Additional Information
edit Related Domains
edit External Links
- Alexa: Last.fm
edit Community Reviews
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
Last.fm Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Warning: The title tag should not include the website’s domain name.
- Warning: The title tag for this page is too long. It should be 70 characters or less, including spaces.
- The title of this site's home page:
- “Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online”
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Good: This page has one H1 heading.
- H1 heading for this site's home page:
Last.fm in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
The world’s largest online music catalogue, powered by your scrobbles. Free internet radio, videos, photos, stats, charts, biographies and concerts.
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.Last.fm or Last.fm. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
- Good: Your website resides at www.Last.fm, and Last.fm is permanently redirected to it.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to Last.fm.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of Last.fm
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
Domains that redirect to a page within Last.fm
Get people to a specific web page
- redirects to: http://last.fm/user/freeabyss/library
- redirects to: http://last.fm/user/Fractux
- redirects to: http://last.fm/user/Fractux
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/syndon
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/squealshuft
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/Fribbulus%2BXax
- redirects to: http://last.fm/group/Dark+Electro
- redirects to: http://last.fm/user/alphawaveglitch
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/The+Real+Dionysus/Groove+Symposia
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/Quark+Kent
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/Oil+of+Haemony
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/End+Time+Channel
- redirects to: http://last.fm/user/tsudduth24/
- redirects to: http://last.fm/user/andibit/
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/Oblique+Formation
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/Minor+Infringement
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/laura+moorhead
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/Kenny%20Ainge
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/J+Paul+Landers/From+My+Youth
- redirects to: http://last.fm/music/Ez+Presso