edit PayPal.comeBay Company, enables any individual or business with an email address to securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online. PayPal's service builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards and utilizes the world's most advanced proprietary fraud prevention systems to create a safe, global, real-time payment solution.
PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with 700 million account members worldwide. Available in 290 countries and regions around the world, buyers and sellers on eBay, online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline businesses are transacting with PayPal.
PayPal has received close to 20 awards for technical excellence from the internet industry and the business community at large -most recently the 2003 Webby Award for Best Finance Site and the 2006 Webby People's Voice Award for Best Finance Site.
Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was acquired by eBay Inc. in October, 2005.
- Customer Service: (888) 221-1161
- Send email
edit PayPal related sites
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
PayPal.com Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Good: The title tag is a good length.
- The title of this site's home page:
- “Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account - PayPal”
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Good: This page has one H1 heading.
- H1 heading for this site's home page:
- “Shopping online shouldn't cost you peace of mind.”
PayPal.com in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
PayPal is the faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account.
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.PayPal.com or PayPal.com. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
- Problem: Both PayPal.com and www.PayPal.com are redirecting to different locations.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||Not Available|
|value for Bing||Not Available|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||283|
|value for Dmoz||4|
|value for Google Groups||4,910,000|
|value for Yahoo Answers||8,213|
Below we show domains that redirect to PayPal.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of PayPal.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
Domains that redirect to a page within PayPal.com
Get people to a specific web page
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2NRBRLFR9TUNN
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=S2T9J76EGMPF8
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=GDYQ6GE2TR3R4
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6XLZX9Z9Y5CCY
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=cyaatfnsn%40yahoo%2ecom&item_name=Young%20Adults%20Koinonia%20%2d%20coming%20together&item_number=TBD&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0¤cy_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=C35J6UG7F9TUJ
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=4B5WCX4AT2RMC
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LJ7GVJKVRDZJU
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=RUNQE4S28WNKL
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=MRY82U3RUNC7W
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R3XN6DCMVHXLA
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=billing%40elitemate%2ecom&item_name=EliteMate%20Full%20Privileges%20For%206%20Months%20%2b%206%20Months%20FREE&item_number=6%20Month%20Upgrade%20With%20A%2012%20Month%20Promise&amount=19%2e99&shipping=0%2e00&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0%2e00¤cy_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/il
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=L8V7C3VEBPL64
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9U8PTDZBT3YLW
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RXQS582LTWMNW
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pce&webreg_website_id=hXtL-ru3wo1CLh-EmIjM9VGpaNEToEatIeJCCQ
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick-subscriptions&business=billing%40elitemate%2ecom&item_name=EliteMate%27s%20Special%20%249%2e99%201%20Year%20Deal&item_number=%249%2e99%20per%20Year&no_shipping=1&no_note=1¤cy_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dSubscriptionsBF&charset=UTF%2d8&a3=9%2e99&p3=1&t3=Y&src=1&sra=1
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=ST3R235GXYV9U
- redirects to: http://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10773976