edit Photobucket.com - Photo Image Hosting Site
Photobucket.com allows you host images and videos and share them with your friends or publish them on your website or blog. Founded in 2003 by Alex Welch and Darren Crystal, Photobucket.com has more than thirty five million users. It gets nearly seventeen million hits every month with over seven million images and thirty five thousand videos being uploaded everyday.
edit Photobucket.com - Features and Content
Photobucket.com is a boon for all those Internet surfers who are on look out for a site which not only helps in uploading images and videos but also lets them manage their files by albums and sub albums. These albums can later be shared, or links can be posted on personal websites, message boards, blogs, online auction sites, classifieds, or live journals. All these activities can be performed with a free account on Photobucket.com. The best part is that it also offers the feature of printing jobs and one can print the pictures of families and friends on posters, mugs, postcards, greeting cards, photo books, mouse pads, etc. Pornography and offensive material is absolutely prohibited on Photobucket.com.
edit Photobucket.com - Free and Paid accounts
Photobucket.com offers 500 MB of disk space to the free users. Up to 20 images can be uploaded at a time and titles can be given to them for easy recognition. Image files of not more than 1 MB, and videos not longer than 5 minutes can be uploaded to Photobucket.com. With paid account, however, you can upload image files of up to 5 MB and videos up to 10 minutes long. Images which are over 1 MB are implicitly scaled down. Only 10 GB of bandwidth is available per month. JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and SWF (flash) are the file formats that are supported on Photobucket.com. The files with extensions BMP and TIF are converted to jpg after they are uploaded. These files can be easily categorized by creating galleries which are easy to manage making deletion of files a cake walk.
One more added feature of Photobucket.com is the option of uploading pictures via a regular email address. Direct linking is acceptable here and makes things easier. The feature of editing enables rotation and re-sizing to the uploaded pictures. Slideshow is another feature offered by Photobucket.com, but isn't very popular with the users since the size of the photographs displayed is really small. This is the photo (and image) website that many others have tried to copy.
edit Photobucket.com - Help
The help service isn’t of much help as it generates automated responses. Photobucket.com should be providing information for a newbie about how to navigate around the site and even the oldies as the site is constantly revamped and the entire interface is changed without a prior notice. But Photobucket.com forums come to the rescue of the users by providing related information. But one has to register separately on this forum as the sign-in information of Photobucket.com doesn’t work here. But it’s worth it, as the forums provide users with help and guidelines.
edit Related Domains
edit Featured galleries
edit External Links
23 Feb. 2007
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
A registrar manages the reservation for domain names. The registrar for this domain is Register.com .
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
Photobucket.com Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Good: The title tag is a good length.
- The title of this site's home page:
- “Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket”
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Warning: This page has more than one H1 heading. It should have just one.
- Warning: The H1 heading for this page is too long. It should have no more than 10 words.
- H1 headings for this site's home page:
- “Do more with your Facebook photos...”
- “The place to store, create, and share your photos and videos for life!”
- “Try our editing tools!”
- “Your story happens on the go and so do we!”
- “Easily print your favorite moments!”
- “Snap and show it off!”
- “Snap It! Style It! Share It!”
Photobucket.com in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
Photobucket offers image hosting, free photo sharing and video sharing. Upload your photos, host your videos, and share them with friends and family.
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.Photobucket.com or Photobucket.com. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
- Good: Your website resides at Photobucket.com, and www.Photobucket.com is permanently redirected to it.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||Nov 17, 2010|
|value for Bing||Not Available|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||768|
|value for Dmoz||13|
|value for Google Groups||124,000,000|
|value for Yahoo Answers||673,339|
Below we show domains that redirect to Photobucket.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of Photobucket.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
Domains that redirect to a page within Photobucket.com
Get people to a specific web page
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/swath
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/seini
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/chouinardwhitestores
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/albums/v77/arnash/WhimsyWorld
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/islajeanphillips
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/islajeanphillips
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/kariley
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/images/Nuii%20and%20Gyororo/
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/albums/c51/hotwheelsplus/
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/albums/c335/chaoticreefer/
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/findstuff/
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/findstuff/
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/edsuestores
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/commentfox
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/avidmarketing
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/olj1222
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/mario206cc
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/gregbishop
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/chavez-scott
- redirects to: http://photobucket.com/albums/v77/arnash/