Portland is extremely well-represented on Twitter, the popular micro-blogging platform. The following is a list of some of the most interesting citizens in the Portland Twitterverse. The goal is to have a list of all of the Portland Tech Tweeple. Feel free to follow them, ask them for advice, or run into them at the many local Portland Tech Events.
If you're not on the list already and you're a tech person in Portland please add yourself (in alphabetical order by your twitter handle). If you are associated with a website please add a add a WikiLink to it: [[YourWebsite.com]] or [[YourWebsite.com|the name of the site/business]]. (Then you can click that link to view and edit the AboutUs page about the site.)
Need more direction? Here is a blog post about how to add yourself to PortlandTechTwitter.
- Adam Duvander –
- Gennefer Snowfield -
- Adron B Hall –
- Aaron Hockley
- Takes great picture, writes insightful blog posts, tells good stories
- Todd Kalhar
- Interaction/Experience Designer, tea-preneur
- Amy Goodman
- Technical Projects Director @ Powells.com, traveler, filmmaker, photographer, and technology groupie.
- Amy Potthast –
- Amy Winkelman
- Business & Technology contractor/consultant (product management, marketing, organizational development); aunt; Oregon native; coffee drinker
- Anna Richter –
- Anvil Media Inc. -
- Betsy Richter –
- Bill DeRouchey –
- Bram Pitoyo
- Brand Strategist, Typographer, Designer, Blogger
- Luke Lefler
- the once and future Baron Landscape, bus rider and Splice Finder
- Bryan Stearns
- Software guy specializing in Rails web development; movie addict unwilling to admit I have a problem.
- Bill Winett
- Senior IT manager at Tektronix, development experience with too many technologies to count.
- Cami Kaos –
- Carri Bugbee –
- Chris O'Rourke
- I'm a network and web presence consultant helping companies navigate the digital age waters at CDC Studios
- ChristianBk -
- Dale Chumbley
- Techy Real Estate Guy, Photo Hobbyist Guy, General Nice Guy
- Darren Buckner -
- Dave Kresta
- Vision Wrangler, Product Manager, Blogger at CollaborativEye, guy-who-did-not-backpack-enough-this-year
- DayOn.org connects nonprofit organizations with volunteers.
- Don Park –
- Doug Coleman
- Small business owner, multimedia specialist, social Media/community management, writer, researcher, musician. Currently writer/researcher at Read Write Web Jobwire
- Doc Normal –
- Sean Wiese
- Overall Geek, looking for work, trying to help small businesses, project manager and business analyst type in previous day jobs.
- Dietrich Ayala –
- Technology Staffing Tech-lovers tweeting all things technology related -- breaking industry news, hot topics, career guidance, job leads, and general amusement.
- Eric Curtis
- Interactive Designer and Coder for RGB Design Studio which I have operated for over a decade.
- Gregg Berkholtz
- TOCICI's founder. Mechanical engineer, Argentine Tango dancer & power-assisted bike builder.
- Eva Schweber -
- Sean Canton
- Creative Producer specializing in Interactive Multimedia and Organizing Resources Effectively. Musician/Writer/Developer/Designer, Information Sponge, Idea Engine & free/for hire Inspirationist
- Geoffrey Kleinman -
- Jason Harris
- More interesting than your average bear. Blogs TechCraver.
- Hideshi Hamaguchi
- COO of LUNARR, has been known on both sides of the Pacific as one of the leading minds in creative concept + strategy building and decision management.
- Howard Abrams -
- Idealist.org Staff Twitter
- Staff and Portland office and other offices of Idealist.org, supporting nonprofit and public service career issues.
- Ian Schray –
- Igal Koshevoy –
- Justin Miller
- Mac/iPhone/web developer and sysadmin for hire as Code Sorcery Workshop, LLC. I also make Pukka, Meerkat, and things with Drupal.
- Irene Schwarting –
- Janet Johnson
- Technologist for marketers and marketer for technologists, blogger, social media strategist at O'Johnson Partners
- Aaron Walker
- Potty mouth, sysadmin, general geek, blogger, compulsive oversharer.
- JD Huntington
- Developer at AboutUs.org, Android developer, coffee roaster, and ternary operator wizard.
- Jean Ann Van Krevelen –
- Jeremy Wilkins
- Owner Tinderbox Creative LLC, a web development and online marketing strategy company, happy nerd, Oversoul coaster.
- Jessica Foote
- Tech advocate (public relations and analyst relations professional) for technology companies ranging from enterprise software to wireless and consumer technologies OnPR.com
- Jake Kuramoto --
- Jeff Martens
- Strategic Finance professional with software and web
- John Nastos
- Creator of Tagalus, a dictionary for hashtags. Also creator of ComboTweet and JazzPDX - the online resource for the Portland jazz scene
- Jon Garrison --
- Josh Hemsley –
- Ken O Wagner -
- Kevin Fox
- Social Media Consultant for Trust Us Technologies. Ready to help companies use new media to increase brand awareness and successfully leverage their online communities to increase sales. I love the Portland tech scene, they have been berry, berry good to me. In my spare time I like to buy cheap cars :)
- Kerry Finsand
- Online marketing consultant who specialties include: Social Media, hospitality marketing, start-ups & business development.
- Kathleen McDade
- Freelance writer, blogger at TechnoEarthMama, elementary school computer lab specialist
- Kodin Lanewave
- Freelance computer/electronics repair tech, electronics hobbyist, photographer, blogger. My Ramblings
- Mark Colman –
- Kristin Wolff
- Policy wonk, community organizer, Obama-Biden 2008 alum, aspiring rainmaker.
- Krystle Chung
- Member of the wikiHow team since it was born, resident of the first American town to elect an openly transgender mayor (go Silverton!), consensus addict, and salsa dancer.
- Jean-Paul Voilleque
- IP extraordinaire
- Jean MacDonald --
- Cori Taratoot
- General Manager at Vertigo, a collection of engineers and designers using emerging .NET/Silverlight technology to redefine the human/computer interface.
- Marie Deatherage –
- Community Organizer
- Michelle Anderson --
- Mike Mathews
- Consulting with small businesses on using proven corporate marketing and communications practices, techniques, and technologies. Measured Marketing Solutions LLC
- Jeremy Geiger -
- Mike Rigsby
- Network Administrator for a circuit board manufacturer in Beaverton, OR
- Stacey Brown
- We provide talented resources via staffing, recruiting, and on-site services to companies creating content for an international market. Our database includes local bi-lingual professionals for 30+ languages. Mindlink Resources, LLC
- Cameron Mulder
- Social Science Researcher
- Nathan Bergey
- Consultant; Open Source rocket enthusiast.
- Nathan Searles -
- Nabil Maynard -
- Network Redux, LLC
- A developer-focused provider of managed Linux hosting solutions. Networkredux.com
- Ben Hengst -
- Steve Woodward –
- OurPDX Network
- Local group blog written by PDX people for Portland. Find us at [[OurPDX.com]
- Dave Allen –
- Pete Forsyth –
- paul sorenson
- experience research, human factors engineering, student of ambient presence
- Alex Williams
- May I interest you in a magic bus?
- Tess Boze
- technical and creative communications, and business development and relations in PDX, ORD, PIA, CMI, and BMI, by airport code.
- Radio Gretchen
- Grants for Non-Profits, Data Management, Portland Pie Commission, Drawing & Painting, lives w/ Software Architect
- Robin Ashford
- Reference & E-Learning Librarian - Emerging Technologies, Early Adopter, Learner
- Lennon Day-Reynolds
- Programmer for Sun Microsystems' Project Kenai, foodie, shutterbug, burgeoning policy wonk
- Reid Beels
- Designer, developer, web guy.
- Rian Merrill
- Evangelist of all things geek and Portland, Conversation enthusiast
- Ryan Williams –
- Satyajit Grover
- Software engineer, internet enthusiast.
- Selena Deckelmann -
- Crystal Beasley SkinnyWhiteGirl.com
- Conceptualization, design, and marketing of social media widgets and thingamajigs at StepChange Group
– Cameron Adamez
- りすのアルバイト soycow.org
- Curtis C. Chen -
- Steven Walling
- Wiki Editor
- Stuart Thompson -
- The New Service -
- Janet Tingey
- Designer: user interfaces / experiences / interactions, or whatever they're being called today.
- Thomas Lockney
- Senior Software Engineer / Technologist / Geek / Instigator; involved in too many things, but too reclusive most of the time. Founded DorkbotPDX.
- Craig Schwartz –
- Portland IT consulting, hosting & support.
- Tracy Thomas
- Senior Project Manager at Agilis Solutions, helping organize job search support group for women in technology.
- Travis Cannon -
- Trenton Lipscomb
- Telecommuting Engineering Manager and Tech Lead for Adchemy, a Bay Area-based performance marketing company.
- Tyesha Snow –
- Tyler Ashcraft –
- Nate DiNiro –
- Will Radik
- Photographer, multi-media artist, podcaster, serial community volunteer
- Kimberly Gehl
- filmmaker/cinephile, contributing writer for PDX Pipeline, Portvangelist
- Willamette Week
- Portland, OR News and Culture
- Nate Angell
- Director of Special Projects at rSmart. Open-source technologies, public and community relationships, education and nonprofits.
- M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
- Applied mathematician, performance engineer, open source aficionado, and part-time actor; somewhere between boy genius and wise old man. If you're real nice to me, I'll tell you what the "zn" stands for.