edit Regula's Joy of Movement, Inc.
Regula now lives in Glendale, Arizona. Please contact her for info on private sessions:
Regula Frey offers one-on-one personal training utilizing Yoga, Pilates, Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement (ATM) and Yamuna Body Rolling. She also offers private Healing Touch Massages for therapeutic purposes and integration.
edit Why Yoga?
Yoga is for people who feel a need to connect with their inner self. This exercise of your body and mind is about learning about your self and appreciating how much one can do in a very short time, and most importantly having fun while practicing it.
Regula loves to work as a healer for people who have suffered strokes, have scoliosis or traumas that reflect in their physical body during their everyday life.
edit Class Descriptions
- Hatha Yoga: Hatha yoga classes involve teaching your body flexibility and thus gaining a deeper understanding of your body.
- Pilates Reformer & Pilates Mat: Pilates Reformer & Pilates Mat exercises are for gaining control over breathing and alignment of the spine, with the aim to strengthen the muscles around the torso. This class teaches to work always from the core (grounding of the abdominal wall towards the lower back, thus stabilizing the lower back). This is done by movements through all three possible & necessary planes available to the human being: flexion (round back), extension (arced back) & straight spine (flat back). After an hour of class, the body could not only find it's neutrality (pubic bones and hip bones on the same level, lower back natural curve) but also clear alignment. To this alignment, awareness is the key to every movement. Both classes come from Joseph Pilates work. If you have questions about which is right for you, please speak with Regula personally.
- For reformer classes, once you have taken two private sessions or have Regula's approval, you are welcome to attend classes of mixed level students. Modified and advanced versions of Reformer are taught according to the students individual needs.
- For mat classes, please let Regula know in advance if you have any injuries that are currently affecting you. This will exponentially enhance your enjoyment of the class.
- Yamuna Body Rolling: Yamuna Body Rolling (YBR) is "Irrigating the body," according to Yamuna. One rolls on small therapeutic balls of different color for different areas of the body. By doing this, the muscles press to the bones, which aligns them to the bones. Imagine you go through the whole body doing that; your whole body gets aligned. Muscle pain often originates because the bones are misaligned.
- Feldenkrais Method: Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement (ATM) works on the skeletal system. Guided, small, slow movements done with awareness affect a specific area of the body. Think of it as a somatic journey through your body.
edit Private Sessions
- Private sessions can be arranged by appointment
- Other classes will be scheduled by arrangement.
- To setup an appointment, call: 623-363-7956
- or Email:
edit Move to Arizona
Regula is now in Glendale, Arizona. Please contact her for one-on-one information.
Regula has started talking about her life with MS in her new netcast, called Growing Younger. You can listen on your computer or subscribe with iTunes and listen on your iPod or other MP3 player.
edit Take a load off your shoulders. Come to the shoulder workshop.
Sunday, february 22nd, is OUR FIRST 2009 WORKSHOP. It is from 3-5 pm and costs $30. Learn about your shoulders, release you shoulders to free you neck and much shoulder shakti.
Space is limited. Reserve your space with your payment :)
To register, please call 847 269 3228 or email
- Healing Touch Massage $60
- Healing Touch Functional Integration $60
- Theraputic/Rehabilitative Yoga & Pilates Private $60
Payments by cash or checks to Regula's Joy of Movement, Inc..
- 5524 W. Evergreen Rd
- Glendale, AZ 85302
edit Photo Gallery
edit Words from Regula
I trained at the Yoga Circle in Chicago for two years and continued my studies thereafter at the Lake Street Yoga Center in Evanston. I completed training with the Kriya Yoga Temple in 2006 and am now teaching Hatha Yoga with Iyengar awareness of alignment for the asanas (poses).
My Pilates studies began in 1995 at the Midwest Pilates Center in Evanston and I continued my work with Pilates at From The Center, Chicago in 2006.
Simultaneously, it was of great importance for me to integrate the work of Moshe Feldenkreis to offer others the possibility for movement with less effort and more grace. I completed my Awareness Through Movement education with the ISSE (Institute For Somatic Studies Education) from San Francisco in 2007.
Yamuna Body Rolling is a deep self massage where the body finds its natural state, alignment. This self massage compliments yoga and Pilates, and fits very well with my understanding of self-care, both in my personal practice, and with clients and students. I finished my studies with Yamuna in 2004.
All four movement modalities develop core strength and are ways of creating inner vision, which is a meditation. I love to bring this meditation to others so that they may find a connection to who they really are, the best qualities, those that last forever.
My vision of creating Regula's Joy of Movement started in 1995 when I enrolled at the IM School of Healing Arts in Manhattan, to make peace with my past, joy, to find peace in every day and the strength to go on. I finished my studies there in 2001.
edit Frequently Asked Questions
edit What can one start with who is interested in trying an alternate technique for healing?
- Depending on your present state of health I can make a recommendation on what will work best for you. If you are not comfortable with that or if it does not work for you, you can always find another modality which suits you best.
edit How many times a week should I do Yoga for it to be effective?
- For the effectiveness and to set a steady pace it is recommended that you take these exercises twice a week. (This goes for any modality.)
edit What is the best technique for me if I am out of shape?
- It depends on your preference if you like constant movement, stillness or little movement. All modalities work and strengthen the core enabling you to become very aware of you body. AWARENESS is what HEALS.
edit At the end of the a semester with you, will I be able to do these exercises un-aided?
- After 10 consecutive sessions in either modality one learns enough to practice at home. There always remains a difference of someone observing and helping your alignment. Your body and mind then become balanced.
edit How hard is it for someone new to catch on? Would I have difficulties understanding the concepts?
- I have often heard from people new to this getting frustrated easily or feeling hard to understand. My suggestion to them is that I speak to the body first and the mind gets it from the body not the other way. This mode is new to many people unless they are artists or non linear. Everyone gets it if they give themselves a chance to remember this forgotten language".
edit Do you offer group sessions such as 3-4 friends coming for sessions in one go with a preference to be in the same class?
- Yes :-) A group session with 4 people is $20 per person and $25 for 3.
- RegulasJoyOfHealing.com - Regula's healing energy work
- Regula Frey's page on Facebook.com
- Regula's blog 
- Wikipedia:Feldenkrais method
- YogaFinder.com (visit)
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
Our Home Page Analysis helps webmasters improve their websites. The report for this site will take a couple of minutes to generate, and the results will be public.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to RegulasJoyOfMovement.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of RegulasJoyOfMovement.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
We have not found any domains that redirect to the home page of RegulasJoyOfMovement.com.
Domains that redirect to a page within RegulasJoyOfMovement.com
Get people to a specific web page
We have not found any domains that redirect to pages within RegulasJoyOfMovement.com.