artist and philosopher
Ricardo Barreto is both an artist and a philosopher. Active in the cultural scene, he work with performances, installations, videos and web art (SatMundi.net).He has developed works related to Net Art, Electronic Art and Cyberarts.He is the organizer, with Paula Perissinotto,of File.org.br Electronic Language International Festival and HiperSonica.org Electronic Sonority International Festival
He has taken part in several national and international exhibitions such as: 404 festival internacional de arte electronico/ BIO: a post-human despair / chronocollage / aychele szot / Argentina 2004; XXV São Paulo Art Biennial with project Netarte 2000 - virtual reality"Garganta"- SESC Vila Mariana, São Paulo, SP. ISEA - exibition of cd-rom-project "Cyberdance" on Simpósio Internacional of Eletronica Art, Paris;bookmarkisea 2000Bookmarks exhibition of the Isea2000 symposium with "virtual genetic achitecture". Organizer ,with Paula Perissinotto ,of 1o- F I L E- electronic language international festival- MIS- Museu da Imagem e do Som, São Paulo, Second Track of Digital Art - Córdoba Argentina.www.ccec.org.ar/jornadas2000 Release of the CD-ROM "Eixo Tamanduatehy"on bienal of Architecture / São Paulo Seminary of the" Técnicas Digitais Experimentais em Multimídia e Internet", Fundation Antorchas, Bariloche,Argentina Web Arte- "Cyberdance" "Invenção" Cultural CenterItaú -ISEA São Paulo. http://www.itaucultural.org.br/invencao/invencao.htm talker in the conference on digital art: "potencial art, on SESC Vila Mariana , São Paulo-SP. 1999: Release of the CD-ROM " Artacho Jurado, a scenic architecture" in the Museum of Image and of the Sound, together with Paula Perissinotto, São Paulo-SP Release of Cyberdance, creation in Web Art, together with Paula Perissinotto, in the "Invention", Cultural Center Itaú, São Paulo, SP. 1998: Automated lecture on Peter Greenaway, together with the psychoanalyst Carlos Junqueira Uchôa, president of the psychoanalysts" from São Paulo association, in the Biennial of Psychoanalysis of São Paulo. Release of the site in the internet www.satmundi.com, together with Paula Perissinotto. 1997: talker in the conference on X Documenta of Kassel(Paco das Artes). 1996: Visual arts contemporary"s competition in the Estação Ciência of São Paulo. (work: pain history and the book of the afflition) World installation, " THE Black Box" with the group BWG, boxes buried in several parts of the world: Asia, Europe and America. 1995: Installation of the group BWG, entitled " Patrimony 595528 ", in FEPASA, Estação Júlio Prestes, São Paulo Installation of the group BWG, entitled " Marked Heads", Building of the Philosophy of USP, Center University Maria Antônia, São Paulo. Installation of the group BWG, entitled " Marked Heads", Paço das Artes, São Paulo. Production of the group BWG, Frisbbe " - Installation" mirroer "elaborated in several galleries of New York 1994: Installation of the group BWG, entitled " Our Father" in Munique in Konzeptual Art Gallery, Germany. Installation of the group BWG, entitled " Computer Simulation" in the University of New York, New york. 1993: Museum of Contemporary Art of São Paulo, Installation of the group BWG," Seventh". Curator of the exhibition on architect João Artacho Jurado in Biena of Architecture of São Paulo. 1992; Collective SESC Pompéia 500 years of development of America, São Paulo. Art in Computer in the exhibition of Infograph 92, I Center Managerial of São Paulo Museum of Modern Art of São Paulo, installation of the group BWG " Virulência ". Pinacoteca of the State of São Paulo, collective with the group BWG. 1991: Collective of SESC Pompéia " Amigos of Tietê " Installation on Andy Warhol, in the Cultural center Oswald of Andrade São Paulo, SP. Fax interactive " art American " A paisagem " in Colombia, Museum of Art of Bogota Brazilian trusteeship for the Museum of Art of São Paulo (MASP). Installation with the group BWG, entitled " Urban Enclousure moment " in the Salão Caramelo of the Ability of Architecture and Urbanization of USP. Installation " AC ", with the group BWG, in Paço das Arts, São Paulo, SP. 1990: Photo-performance in the Museum of Image and of the Sound, together with photographer Andres Otero and architect Sérgio Martins, São Paulo, SP. Installation with the group BWG, entitled " 437 fragmnetos " with artists Ricardo Barreto, Ricardo Woo and Marina Godoy in the Museum of the Image and of the Sound, São Paulo, SP. Collective " Pos Modernity " in the Museum of Art of Araraquara Festival of Videoarte " Vída-cassete " - Center Cultural Oswald of Andrade - São Paulo SP Video-art " Life-cassette " in the seventh living room of contemporary art of São Paulo
- Machine Art", 305 pages. Authors: Ricardo Barreto and Paula Perissinotto. Text: “the Universal Viral Machine” of Jussi Parikka. Design: Cássia Buitoni and Silvia Amstalden
- FILERio(2006) 190 pages. Authors: Ricardo Barreto and Paula Perissinotto. Introduction: text “The Subject-Project: Metaformance and Endoesthetics” of Claudia Giannetti. Design: André Lenz
- Hypermedia" 265 pages. Authors: Ricardo Barreto and Paula Perissinotto. Introduction: text “the Form of the Technique” of Cícero Inácio Da Silva. Design: André Lenz and Gabriel Borges
- FILE2004: 224 pages. Authors: Ricardo Barreto and Paula Perissinotto. Introduction: text “From Criticism to Creative Games in the Digital Age”, of Ricardo Barreto. Design: Fábio Prata and Flávia Nalon
- “Novas Mídias/New Media” : 224 pages. Authors: Ricardo Barreto and Paula Perissinotto. text “The Anarcho-Culture”, of Ricardo Barreto. Design: Fábio Prata and Flávia Nalon
- “Internet Art” : 160 pages. Authors: Ricardo Barreto and Paula Perissinotto. text “the_culture_of_immanence”, of Ricardo Barreto and Paula Perissinotto. Design: Fábio Prata and Maíra Ramos
- Barreto, Ricardo and Perissinotto, Paula “the_culture_of_immanence”, in FILE. Ricardo Barreto e Paula Perissinotto (orgs.). São Paulo, IMESP, 2002. ISBN: 85-7060-038-0.
- Barreto, Ricardo. “The Anarcho-Culture” in FILE. Ricardo Barreto e Paula Perissinotto (orgs.). São Paulo, IMESP, 2003. ISBN: 85-89730018.
- Barreto,Ricardo. “The Hyper-Cinemactivity” in FILE. Ricardo Barreto e Paula Perissinotto (orgs.). São Paulo, IMESP, 2004. ISBN 85-89730-02-6 .
- Barreto, Ricardo. "The Avactor" in FILE. Ricardo Barreto e Paula Perissinotto (orgs.). São Paulo, IMESP, 2006. ISBN: 85-89730-05-0.
- [] "Cyberdance" 1999
- [] "virtual genetic architecture" 2001
- [] "Arte Mundo" 2003
- [] "Bio" 2004
- [] "Charles in London" 2005
"The Avactor" 2006 Ricardo Barreto,Maria Hsu, Marcos Paulo Moreti
edit Related Domains
- xxv São Paulo Art Biennial Iconografias Metropolitanas 2002 ed fundação bienal.pag 169.[]
- [] O Invenção/cyberdance: a rehearsal for a potential dance
- mr Ricardo Barreto [UNESCO]
- [Web 3D Art 2003] is organised by Karel Dudesek.[in Saint Malo, France]
- [Corner House/web3dart] curators: Kathy Rae Huffman, Karel Dudesek
- [Web 3D Art 2002] is organised by Karel Dudesek. 2002 at [The Media Centre of ICA Lond]on [Body]
- [Cyberdance] invention
- [Satmundi] XXV São Paulo Art Biennial
- [] nyarts magazine