edit Starwood Hotels and Resorts
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide is one of the world’s largest hospitality ownership, franchise and management companies. This leading hotel and leisure group operates over 871 hospitality properties in some 100 countries, under its nine owned brand names. Starwood’s hotel empire comprises upscale and luxury brands such as Sheraton, Four Points, or Westin. The company also operates 60 high-end hotels and resorts through its Luxury Collection and St. Regis, while the 20-hotel chain of W Hotels provides ultra-modern style to sophisticated business travelers.
More than 360 of Starwood’s hotels and resorts are owned and operated through a successful system of franchises, while 85 locations are owned or leased by the company. Furthermore, Starwood Vacation Ownership, one of the company’s subsidiaries, operates 25 time-share resorts in Aruba, the Bahamas, Mexico and the United States. Starwood had over 145,000 employees and around 266,000 rooms around the world by December 31st, 2006.
Based in White Plains, New York, Starwood Hotels & Resorts originally belonged to a real estate investment firm and was known as Starwood Lodging. Under different brand names, the company owned various hotels all over North America and in 1994 acquired the Westin Hotel Company from the Japanese Aoki Corporation. In 1998, Starwood purchased ITT Sheraton and its brands Sheraton, The Luxury Collection and Four Points by Sheraton.
W and aLoft were launched later on, catering towards new categories of travelers. By 2012, Starwood plans to have 500 aLoft hotels for business travelers all over the world. In 2006, the company introduced Element, a new brand name hotel aimed specifically at the extended stay market. Inspired by Westin, the first upscale and modern Element hotel is expected to open in 2008.
edit Markets and Revenues
Starwood Hotels & Resorts is well represented in all major markets worldwide. The company has two operating segments – residential operations and hotels and vacation ownership, respectively. Most of Starwood’s revenues and earnings come primarily from hotel operations, franchise receipt, as well as the operation of owned hotels and other fees deriving from management contracts. Other revenues derive from the ownership, operation, and development of vacation ownership resorts, selling vacation ownership interests in the resorts and offering financing to customers. Additional earnings are gained from the marketing, selling and development of residential units.
The company’s hotel business focuses on the global operation of resorts and hotels especially in the upscale and luxury segment of the industry. Starwood thus seeks to acquire interests in franchise and management rights of properties in this segment. The company tries to maintain its leading position on the lodging and vacation ownership market by further developing its competitive strengths. Having the benefit of its strong brands and brand recognition, the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide continues to expand its customer base by maintaining loyalty among the world’s travelers while capturing new customers. Launched in 1999, the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program has more than 33 million members, offering outstanding customer service, hassle-free redemption, innovative promotions and benefits and a dedicated member website.
- 1111 Westchester Ave
- White Plains NY 10604 US
- Starwood Hotels And Resorts, Niklas Schlappkohl
- +1 202 638 0280
edit Additional Information
edit Related Domains
edit External Links
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
StarwoodHotels.com Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Warning: The title tag for this page is too long. It should be 70 characters or less, including spaces.
- The title of this site's home page:
- “Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide - Hotel Reservations with Best Rates, Guaranteed”
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Problem: This web page does not have an H1 heading. It should have one.
StarwoodHotels.com in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
Book at the official site for Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, W Hotels, Luxury Collection, St. Regis, Four Points, aloft & element Hotels- view exclusive ...
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.StarwoodHotels.com or StarwoodHotels.com. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
- Good: Your website resides at www.StarwoodHotels.com, and StarwoodHotels.com is permanently redirected to it.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to StarwoodHotels.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of StarwoodHotels.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
Domains that redirect to a page within StarwoodHotels.com
Get people to a specific web page
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/index.html?EM=FP_FOURPOINTSPUERTOMADRYN.COM_3101
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1721&EM=LC_IVYRESIDENCES.COM_1721
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/meetings/weddings/index.html?EM=AL_ALOFTWEDDINGS.COM
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=5601&EM=SI_SHERATONBROADWAYPLANTATION.COM_5601
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1459&EM=WI_WESTINGRANDBAHAMAISLAND.COM_1459
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1877&EM=MD_LEMERIDIENCANCUN.COM_1877
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/element/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3142&EM=EL_ELEMENTBWIHOTEL.COM_3142
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3047&EM=AL_ALOFTBWILAIRPORT.COM_3047
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/search/results/city_advanced.html?city=Houston&stateProvince=TX&country=US&EM=FP_FOURPOINTSHOUSTON.COM
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/search/results/city_advanced.html?country=FJ&EM=FP_FOURPOINTSBYSHERATONFIJI.COM
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/element/index.html?EM=EL_ELEMENTHOTELORLANDOLAKEBUENAVISTA.COM
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/element/index.html?EM=EL_HOUSTONELEMENT.COM
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/element/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3141&EM=EL_ELEMENTASHBURN.COM_3141
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/index.html?EM=AL_ALOFTALBANY.COM
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=202&EM=WI_WESTINFIJI.COM_202
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3139&EM=AL_ALOFTHOTELRICHMONDWEST.COM_3139
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/stregis/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3482&EM=ST_STREGISSANYA.COM_3482
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3251&EM=AL_ALOFTINDIANAPOLISWOODFIELDCROSSING.COM_3251
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/index.html?EM=FP_FOURPOINTSUNITEDSTATES.COM
- redirects to: http://starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/search/results/standard.html?city=Moscow&country=RU&EM=SI_SHERATONMOSCOW.COM_DESTSRCH