Web 2.0 is a buzz word coined by O'Reilly in 2004.
Essentially it is a change in the way people interact with the Internet and what developers are creating, with collaboration being key. Things that typically fall under "Web 2.0" are wikis, blogs, social networking and video sharing sites. Speaking of which, below are a few YouTube videos introducing to the thought behind the buzz.
edit Related Links
- I *loved* the reference to the new Web, instead of the dreaded Web 2.0 (I am still waiting for Web 1.0)
- A big list of Web 2.0 sites hosted at Blogspot.com
- A dozen 2.0 papers via FastForwardBlog.com
- How To Build Your Web 2.0 Empire How to use social bookmarking,social networking,video marketing,wikis,hub pages, Squidoo, and more to drive traffic to your web real estate.
- Wikipedia's article on Web 2.0