edit The Birth
In the beginning, there was nothing. Then there was an enlightenment. An idea was formed of a travel site which will allow interaction among users and guests of the site from all over the world; would be travelers getting information and people from travel sharing information. Decisions have to be made. The world is such a big place to cover. So the focus was concentrated on Asia - the biggest content, the enriching culture, the dramatic history, the inexpensive low cost of living and fast paced modernizing city life, the numerous unexplored jungles, depths of the sea, and virgin forests... Too many aspects were considered before finally giving birth to Wikiasiantravel !
edit The Mission
Wikiasiantravel aims to be the ultimate travel guide providing the vital information on the sights to see, the accommodations to stay, places to dine and where to go for shopping spree in Asia.
edit Wikiasiantravel Explained
Excerpted from the website:
- To give you a better picture of what Wikiasiantravel is, allow us to erase first from your mind some misconception by letting you know what Wikiasiantravel is not:
- We are not an encyclopedia. If you plan to have an in-depth research on places of Asia, you may try using online encyclopedia such as Wikipedia instead. Wikiasiantravel provides information on some countries of Asia in so far as it is related to traveling to such destination.
- We are not a Travel and Tours agency. We assist travelers to Asia by providing vital information and recommendations. However, we don’t sensationalize as we don’t benefit financially by recommending establishments. Our aim is to help the traveler. If an establishment is recommended, we perceived them as deserving to be recommended for their quality service or product. For some, a listing is provided without recommendation.
- We are not an online advertiser. Although we may feature some Great Deals for certain establishments, we do not profit financially from them also. We only wish to bring together a Wikiasiantraveler who wishes for an awesome vacation and the places or business who can serve his purpose well. However, as Wikiasiantravel is open to everyone, anyone from any establishment can add information about their business.
- So what is Wikiasiantravel?
- Wikiasiantravel is a collaboration of minds from Osomnimedia whose aim is to provide an Ultimate Guide to travel to Asia, with the support of the wikimedia program. We aim to help travelers to Asia from the time they start considering of going to the time that they are back home, safe and sound.
- Wikiasiantravel also promotes the active participation or contribution of users by providing a user friendly media that aids in the convenience of contributing and editing of information. It has a forum page where one may post also the suggestions, feedbacks, or even questions related to Wikiasiantravel. They can also log their adventures and experiences as to how their travel fared. Page layouts and templates are also provided for the convenience of the users/contributors.
WikiAsianTravel logo bearing the site's name and signifying the site's role in travel,a vehicle for bringing people to places they would want to go in Asia.
used mostly for Images that have Creative Common Attribution 2.0 License
edit Additional Information
edit Related Domains
edit External Links
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
WikiAsianTravel.org Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Warning: The title tag should not include the website’s domain name.
- Problem: The title has fewer than three words. You may not be telling people and search engines enough about this page.
- The title of this site's home page:
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Good: This page has one H1 heading.
- H1 heading for this site's home page:
- “Wiki Asian Travel”
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.WikiAsianTravel.org or WikiAsianTravel.org. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
We don't have this information for this site. Please refresh the report for more information.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to WikiAsianTravel.org.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of WikiAsianTravel.org
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
We have not found any domains that redirect to the home page of WikiAsianTravel.org.
Domains that redirect to a page within WikiAsianTravel.org
Get people to a specific web page
We have not found any domains that redirect to pages within WikiAsianTravel.org.