edit Microsoft Outlook 2007
Microsoft Outlook 2007 is the Windows messaging system from Microsoft, included as part of the Microsoft Office suite. It includes customizable emails, scheduling task and contact tracking tools to help you efficiently and easily manage your office and home activities. Outlook was first designed as an email communication tool. In Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft has added many new exciting mail features like flagging and automatic message decryption, automatic postmarking, on the watch for phishing, improved junk mail filters, receiving RSS feeds, enhancing what was already an outstanding product. With Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can work collaboratively, using email message to distribute documents or vote or important issues in your company.
edit Microsoft Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 doesn’t share the same look and design as Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Word 2007, as Access 2007. It includes the same old menu style as found in Microsoft Outlook 2003 but does have an improved feature set consistent with the other Office 2007 applications.
- Improved Junk mail filters -- Filters provide a way of viewing email message in a folder if they meet specific criteria. This allows you to find and focus on specific messages only. Microsoft has improved the junk mail filters in Microsoft Outlook 2007 that automatically sends spam messages to junk mail folder. You can also specify which mails should be sent to junk mail folder.
- Preview your attachments before sending them -- In Microsoft Outlook 2007, you don’t have to double click on the attachment you are sending along with your email and wait for it open in a new window, just single click on it and preview your attachment easily and faster without wasting time.
- Find what you need -- In Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can easily find your one or more mail messages in between thousands of messages with a search button. With help of search button you can easily find a specific mail message by entering few keywords.
- Automatic Postmarking -- Automatic Postmarking is a new feature introduced in Microsoft Outlook 2007 that includes the list of recipients and the time message was sent by you, which is what makes the identification of spam messages easy. This way the program recognizes the authentic message from spam messages which are sent to thousands of computers at a time.
- On the watch for phishing -- Phishing is a form of dangerous spam message that tries to steal your private or official information by claiming it to be sent from an authentic source. The new feature in Microsoft Outlook 2007, prevents you from such phishing messages by displaying a warning in the email like “Do not click the links in this message” or “Someone is trying to access your information”. By default, phishing option is set to ‘enabled’.
edit Hardware Requirements for Microsoft Outlook 2007
Before you think of installing Microsoft Outlook 2007, you need to make sure that your computer meets the following requirements as suggested by Microsoft:
|Processor||500 MHz||more than 500 MHz|
|Memory||256 MB||512 MB or higher|
|Hard Disk||1.5 GB of available space||1.5 GB of available space|
|Video||Resolution of 1024 X 768 or higher||Resolution of 1024 X 768 or higher|
edit Macintosh Version
On the Macintosh platform, Microsoft has replaced Outlook with it's "Entourage"  application software. While this software has some of the features of Outlook, "Entourage" is considered to be a different application on the Macs and doesn't have as rich of a feature set as the PC version of Outlook.