Microsoft PowerPoint is part of the Office suite of productivity products by Microsoft. With Microsoft PowerPoint, you can make learning more dynamic by creating presentations of classroom materials, projects, etc. As of Feb. 2007, the latest version of Microsoft PowerPoint is PowerPoint 2007.
edit PowerPoint 2007
Using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 you can easily and quickly create presentations adding a professional look and design. With PowerPoint 2007, you can
- Easily create new presentations with the AutoContent wizard
- Add and delete slides from your presentation
- Customize a slide layout using the style gallery
- Add new looks to your presentation with extended graphics capabilities of Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
- Use the web to view presentations online and adjust the same according to your purpose.
- Create slide libraries
- Save your presentations as a pdf file
- Use new tools and designs to add professional touch to your presentations
Many new features have been introduced in Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 and some of them are mentioned below:
- AutoContent wizard -- AutoContent wizard, a feature introduced by Microsoft prompts a user to make a slide and then leads through choosing a presentation category. After you select a category of your choice, you are presented with an outline of different presentations and you have to select the presentation that describes your purpose best. You then type your ideas over the sample text or prompts in the presentation view. This complete procedure is carried out in a window in form of a wizard.
- New Templates -- With the new version of Microsoft PowerPoint, many new templates have been introduced. These templates act as pre-formatted presentations that have been designed such that you get a professional design for your needs. You can also use these templates in your slides as well. Additional templates can also be found on the Microsoft website.
- Improvement in looks of text -- Your way of communication and the way you represent your ideas makes a big difference in the way your messages are received. With Microsoft PowerPoint 2007, you can now make your words more clear and enhance the look of your words and feel the same in presentation.
- Extended Graphics capabilities -- With new Microsoft PowerPoint 2007, the graphics capabilities have extended a lot and this new look will itself add a professional look to your presentation along with other graphics tool. Many new options like Style gallery, special effects, improved word art, etc. has been added that boosts the extended graphics capability of Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.
- Enhanced Diagram tools -- Like Microsoft Word & Excel 2007, Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 also benefits from the addition of a new high-quality SmartArt diagramming tool. With SmartArt, you can easily add diagrams to your slides making your presentation more meaningful and understandable. You can do this by clicking the Insert tab and choosing SmartArt option. You can also convert the text on individual slides into a diagram.
edit Hardware Requirements for PowerPoint 2007
Before you think of installing Microsoft PowerPoint 2007, you need to make sure that your computer meets the following requirements as suggested by Microsoft:
|Processor||500 MHz||more than 500 MHz|
|Memory||256 MB||512 MB or higher|
|Hard Disk||1.5 GB of available space||1.5 GB of available space|
|Video||Resolution of 1024 X 768 or higher||Resolution of 1024 X 768 or higher|
edit Macintosh Versions
The Macintosh version of Microsoft PowerPoint (and the entire Microsoft Office Suite) currently stands at Office 2004. These roughly correspond with the Mac equivalents of the Microsoft Office from 2003. It was announced at the January 2007 Macworld Expo that Mac users would have a new version of the Microsoft Office Suite (tentatively called Office 2008) by the second half of 2007.
edit The Microsoft Office Suite
Microsoft Office contains many tools for business and personal productivity. These include a word processor (Word), spreadsheet (Excel), database management software (Access), and software for making dynamic presentations (PowerPoint).