edit Washington Mutual
In this plethora of banks waiting to make you their customer, how do you make a judicious choice in which one is right for you? Having a supportive bank that is not driven by purely monetary considerations is crucial. WAMU.com provides a unique difference in banking experience. WAMU as an acronym stands for Washington Mutual. They provide a range of services ranging from retail banking and financial services, home loans, commercial banking and card services.
Washington Mutual has been established and recognized as America’s leading financial services group. The company was set up in early September 25th 1889 and at that time was known as Washington National Building Loan and Investment Association. From then on it progressed from being an investment firm to an innovator when it launched its first ever shared cash machine network (The Exchange) in 1974. After this, in around 1983 the company went public thereby raising approximately 72 million USD. Over the years, Washington Mutual has moved from strength to strength and today in addition to providing financial services, it is also serving communities it supports. Recently, they announced the launch of a separate segment called Community Commitment which is geared to be a 10 year plan worth approximately 375 billion USD. This will primarily target areas such as home loans, affordable houses, manufactured or mobile home sites, community investment and development.
edit Core Competencies
WAMU’s core competencies span a range of segments such as:
- Retail banking and financial services – These encompass checking accounts to online banking, personal loans, retail banking products and services being provided to consumers. This segment also provides services to the small businesses with assistance in payroll, cash management, retirement planning etc.
- Home loans – WAMU covers the entire spectrum of the Mortgage lending chain including sales, origination, processing and servicing, as well as Capital Markets. They provide fixed as well as adjustable rate home loans, hybrid varieties, government insured or guaranteed home loans etc.
- Commercial group – These cater to multiple segments such as:
- Multifamily lending – Fixed and adjustable financial products to multiple family properties
- Commercial real estate – Helps provide construction, acquisition, rehab and term financing for office, retail as well as industrial properties. They also help newly constructed multifamily properties.
- Community lending and investment – These are programs geared for multifamily community lending and investment as per the Community Reinvestment Act.
- Mortgage Banker Finance – Provides credit to residential mortgage loans, early purchase facilities and deposit as well as treasury management products and services.
- Card services – This line of business of WAMU provides credit cards to middle market consumers. The credit cards are issued through the Washington Mutual Bank. WAMU entered into the credit card segment via acquiring Providian Financial, which was based out of San Francisco.
edit Business areas
WAMU provides several services ranging from providing a variety of account choices, loans and credit, miscellaneous services and a business planning center to help optimize business opportunities.
edit Account choices
WAMU’s account choices range from checking accounts, savings accounts, account extras as well as special business packages.
edit Loans and Credit
WAMU offers loans in the business real estate. It also offers lines of credit and credit cards too.
WAMU’s services range from Merchant payments, Payroll, Retirement planning, Tax payments, Letters of credit, as well as ACH fraud protection.
edit Business Planning Center
WAMU’s business planning center is aimed at helping all entrepreneurs and seasoned business persons to leverage information to help them start a new venture, expand their existing business or even sell it to a preferred third party. With easy searchability via topics or the current state of the business, it’s easy to get highly relevant information that meets your expectations. Their partnership with Nolo which is the America’s leading provider of legal solutions that you can perform by yourself, has ensured a comprehensive coverage of all information that an enterprising business person can use to further the business.
With features such as tax planning, flexibility for you to switch banks, as well as transforming all your banking transactions to make them online, WAMU truly provides information any business would find useful.
edit Customized Products
The differentiating factor of WAMU that has led it to become the leading financial institution in America, is its ability to customize its products and offerings to suit every type of individual ranging from a student to a single parent, couples, families who have children of their own, people who have already retired as well as those approaching it, as well as entrepreneurs. In addition to this, WAMU also provides investment services, insurance and 1031 exchange services.
edit Caring for the Environment
The good thing about WAMU is that it supports communities in many ways. While on one hand it helps provide flexible financing options to people across all ages and cultures, it also helps the environment. WAMU encourages customers to sign up for online statements and in turn promises to plan a tree each time you sign up for it! This is a great way to make planet earth a better place to live in!
- Administrative Contact, 1201 Third Ave
- Seattle WA 98101 US
edit Additional Information
edit Related Domains
edit External Links
How visible is your website?
A better home page will help you show up in search results.
|Titles & Headings|
|Links & Images|
|Search Engine Friendliness|
See how your digital marketing stacks up,
and get ahead.
How easily can your site be found around the Web?
|value for Google crawl date|
|value for Bing indexed pages|
Home Page Analysis
The Home Page Analysis helps you understand how a site's home page appears to both search engines and site visitors.
WAMU.com Home Page Analysis Summary
Titles & Headings
The title and headings on the home page tell people and search
engines what a website is about.
Analyze the title & headings of the home page for free or the entire site.
Links & Images
Relevant links to other sites are good for people and search
engines. Images on a web page should be described for visually impaired
visitors and search engines.
Analyze the links & images of the home page for free or the entire site.
Search Engine Friendliness
A few simple technical fixes can make any site show up better in
The title of a web page appears in search results as the link to that page. Learn more ...
The title of a web page appears as a clickable link in search results and bookmarks. A descriptive, compelling home page title with relevant keywords can increase the number of people visiting the site.
Search engines view the text of the title tag as a strong indication of what the page is about. Accurate keywords in the title tag can help the page rank better in search results.
A title tag should have fewer than 70 characters, including spaces. Major search engines won't display more than that.
The title tag of your home page (and any other page on your site) should not contain the site’s domain name or URL. These will appear near the title in search results, so use your 70 characters to tell people what the page is about. The title tag should not contain any HTML, because it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
- Good: This web page has a title tag.
- Good: The title tag is a good length.
- Warning: The title tag should not include the website’s domain name.
- The title of this site's home page:
- “Wamu.com, home of WaMu Free Checking is now Chase”
The H1 heading is an important sentence or phrase on a web page that quickly and clearly tells people and search engines what they can expect to find there. Learn more ...
Just one H1
In most cases, a web page should have just one H1 heading. Using multiple H1 headings is okay if that is a logical way to organize the page, but they should be used sparingly. That’s because search engines can view multiple H1 headings as an attempt to signal that all the content on a page is equally important, a tactic that’s seen as an attempt to game the search engine algorithms.
Search engines look for an H1 heading to determine what a page is about. Human visitors do, too.
Content and placement
The H1 heading appears on the web page itself, unlike the page title, which people will see mostly in search results.
The H1 tag (which contains the H1 heading) is usually listed first among the other heading tags for a page. None of the major search engines, however, will penalize a site for listing H2 through H6 tags ahead of the H1 tag.
- Problem: This web page does not have an H1 heading. It should have one.
WAMU.com in search results
You can see below how most search engines will display this site's home page in search results. The title is used as the link to the page, and the meta description appears below the title.
Now that WaMu is Chase over the coming months, we're committed to offering you the same great service. Even greater convenience. In person, at the ATM, o...
Your website's robots.txt file can tell search engines to ignore parts of your site. Learn more ...
Website owners usually use robots.txt to let search engines know which pages or sections of their site shouldn't be indexed for example, web contact forms, print versions of web pages and other content that's duplicated elsewhere on the site. Robots.txt can also be used to request that specific robots not index a site. For more information, read How To Use Robots.txt.
Search engine robots
You'll need to know the names of specific search engine robots - or "bots" – if you’re going to exclude any or all of them from any part of your site.
- Google’s bot is called Googlebot. Google is the world’s largest search engine, and is where many people discover new websites.
- Bing’s bot is called msnbot. Bing also provides search results to people using Yahoo to search the Web. Together, Bing and Yahoo are the second largest search resource, after Google.
- Baidu’s bot is called Baiduspider. Baidu is a major search engine in China, and the number of people using it is increasing rapidly.
- AboutUs.org’s bot is called AboutUsBot. To create a Site Report, AboutUs uses crawling technology that’s similar to what search engines use.
- Good: This website’s robots.txt file is not blocking major search engines from crawling its pages. Your website can appear in any engine’s search results.
This website can live at www.WAMU.com or WAMU.com. It's best for your site's visibility to live at just one URL, or web address. You'll want to create a 301 redirect to the URL you choose from the other URL. Learn more ...
Choose one or the other
If the same web page exists at two different URLs, people can choose to link to one or the other. Links from other sites to your website are valuable — they tell search engines that your site is important to people. By splitting valuable links between two identical pages, you're diluting the power of those links to help a page rank higher in search results.
Learn more about why you should have just one home page: Read Twin Home Pages: Classic SEO Mistake
- Problem: One of your domains resolves correctly, and the other redirects to an entirely different domain.
Search Engine Visibility
Check this site's prominence around the web and in major search engines.
Date Last Crawled
|value for Google||?|
|value for Bing||?|
Check this site's presence on news sharing and community sites.
Social Media Visibility
|value for Digg||?|
|value for Dmoz||?|
|value for Google Groups||?|
|value for Yahoo Answers||?|
Below we show domains that redirect to WAMU.com.
We survey every domain on the Internet ending in .com, .net, or .edu to see if any redirect to this website. Large or famous websites like Amazon.com often have many sites redirecting to them.
Domains that redirect to the home page of WAMU.com
Capture visitors who type the wrong name
It can make a lot of sense to redirect a domain to an existing web page. For example, many people are likely to type wikipedia.com when they are really looking for wikipedia.org. Creating a redirect from wikipedia.com to wikipedia.org helps these people get to the site they want.
We have not found any domains that redirect to the home page of WAMU.com.
Domains that redirect to a page within WAMU.com
Get people to a specific web page
We have not found any domains that redirect to pages within WAMU.com.