Gmail.com - Free email account with unlimited storage from Google
Gmail.com is Google's free webmail service. It comes with built-in Google search technology and over 7,000 megabytes of storage (and growing every day). Gmail.com allows you can keep all of your emails, files and pictures forever. Gmail.com has a great search function that lets you find your files quickly and easily.
Even more, Gmail.com helps you make more sense of your emails stringing all replies together so they read like conversations.
Gmail.com: Unique Features
Gmail.com detects and filters spam -- one of its most appealing features. Gmail.com herds all emails it sees as spam into a special folder that you can ignore or check, as you see fit. Gmail.com allows you to flag any email in your Inbox you consider spam, sending it to the Spam folder where it can languish and die.
Instant Messaging built right inside Gmail.com
Gmail.com integrates instant messaging (chat) right into the email experience. Gmail.com keeps you in even better touch with your friends when you're online. Gmail.com is easy, efficient and fun to use.
Voice and Video Chat on Gmail.com
You can enjoy voice and video chat in Gmail.com. Save your chats and find them in Search and by clicking on "Chats."
The Buzz about Gmail.com
The newest Gmail.com feature, Buzz, allows you to use your email as a social networking tool. You can post status updates, images, videos, links and more, as well as add comments to other people's updates.
Customize Gmail.com with "Labs" Features
Labs at Gmail.com offers new features that give you enormous flexibility for customizing your Gmail.com just the way you want. Signature tweaks, multiple Inboxes, themes, maps, documents, games and keyboard shortcuts are just a few of the features that add flexibility for Gmail.com users.
More Features in Gmail.com
- The "start" feature in Gmail.com lets you to mark emails so you can find them easily. Gmail.com also lets you search for starred emails by clicking the "Starred" link.
- No pop-ups or banner ads in Gmail.com -- just small text ads that are relevant to your messages. Gmail.com serves ads the might actually be useful, rather than simply obtrusive.
Quick Facts about Gmail.com
- Cost: Free
- Storage: 7,000+ megabytes (and counting)
- Superior spam protection
- Gmail.com messages can be sent and read in many languages.
- Free automatic forwarding and POP3 access
- Fully supported browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Read more about Gmail.com.
Gmail.com: One of many Google products and services
Google has developed -- and acquired -- a wide range of fun and useful things for people to use on the Internet, including:
- Gmail.com -- Free web-based email
- Google Search -- Use keywords to search for web pages, web sites and documents
- Image Search -- Use keywords to search for images
- Video Search -- Use keywords to search for videos on the web
- YouTube -- A site for watching and sharing video clips, for free; acquired by Google in 2006
- Google Maps -- If it has an address, you can locate it on Google Maps, zoom in closer, find directions to and from, and see street photos of your searched location.
- iGoogle.com -- A portal to news, weather, a calendar and more, iGoogle.com can be personalized to anyone's taste
- Google Translate -- Translate text, web pages and documents between more than 40 languages
- Picasa -- Upload photos to web albums, editthem, share them.
- Blogger -- Create a blog with easy-to-use software.
- Google Chrome -- A web browser developed by Google.
- Google Earth -- Allows people to view any place on earth in three dimensions, using satellite images and modeling technology.
- Nexus One -- A smart phone released in January 2010 that competes with Apple's iPhone.
- SketchUp -- Software for creating 3D sketches on your computer.
- AdSense -- Google's advertising platform. AdSense places ads alongside search results and beside Gmail. The ads match what people are searching for in Google's search engine or what they're writing about or viewing in Gmail.
- Phone: 469-254-4464
- : GetSatisfaction
- 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
- Mountain View, CA 94043
- I used GMail since roughly May 2004 (unsure of exact date), my computers teacher sent me an invite as a birthday presant, saying he only had five total invites. I was more then happy and impressed with the system. I reported several errors I found, until today my first email account with them is adfree, as a "gift" from google for reporting so many errors. I love this place. Brilliant organization, I have a hard time getting used to other emails, as I love how the conversations stay togethor and so many other features! -randomly presses J K a lot- --Nick([talk]-[HFAD]-[contribs]-[email]) 22:04, 11 January 2008 (PST)
KristinaWeis's Comments on Gmail.com
- KristinaWeis (delighted) : I love it! It's beautiful to have chat capability, having replies grouped together as conversations, such a great search function, the "star" feature, and I'm probably forgetting something. 18:00, 10 June 2008 (PDT)