To edit: create your free account (or sign in), locate a page by searching for the website (like example.com), and click an edit pencil on that page.
See the Need Help? page for more info.
Here are some specific ways you can improve a website's page:
Add a summary
A summary is a short description of what the site is (less than 63 characters). Click the blue "click here to sum up this website" link at the top of the page (or the pencil to the right to edit an existing summary). learn more
Write a unique description (in your own words) in the "Wiki" section
Most pages start with a description that is an excerpt from the site, and replacing this with a unique description of the website can go a long way in improving a page.
A good description provides all of the information a reader may want to know before they go to the actual site or any missing information that they couldn't find on the website. In simple conversational words: What does the site offer? What's unique about this company or website?
Some website pages start with Title, Description, and Additional Information section headers in the Wiki section, but a page can be made much better by changing and adding to these.
Try merging the Title and Description section and making it the business name or something catchier. learn more
Add a logo or photos
Adding a logo is easy with the built-in section at the top left.
Beyond that, adding aother images as examples of your website, services or anything else related is a fabulous way to liven up the Wiki section of your site's AboutUs page. There are many possibilities, such as having your description wrap around the logo or a photo gallery with captions. learn more
Add/update contact info
Because contact information can go a long way in helping someone trust a website and it is often something that a person may have to dig for on the website itself we strongly encourage sites to provide contact information on their AboutUs domain page. (We automatically protect email addresses entered into that field, so there's no need to worry about spam.)
Tag the site
What are the main 5 or 10 things that the website is about? Add these as tags to the page to help sum up what the site is and to help people find the site when searching AboutUs.org.
- Make sure the related domains/website are really related. learn more
- Make sure the CamelCaseCapitalization of the domain name is correct. learn more
- If the thumbnail image of the site's homepage isn't showing up or isn't up-to-date you can queue it to be updated. learn more
- Upload a portrait of yourself so that it (instead of a gray silhouette) will show up in the Recent Contributors box to the right of the page.
- Categories are being replaced by tags, so feel free to clean up the page by removing any categories down at the bottom. learn more
- Email DoFollow@AboutUs.org and we will review your edits and the website and make the page's links DoFollow to help promote your site if everything looks good.
- To help your website's page on AboutUs.org get indexed and show up in search results, you can link to it from your website. A normal link, our nifty widget, or an image badge are all great.
- Examples of great AboutUs pages
- Main help page, contact AboutUs.org and AboutUs chat room
- Show off your site's page on AboutUs.org by linking to it from your website. You can use a normal link or image badge link.